Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow caching of repositories on remote agents to save bandwidth. Note that caches are always full c

can ma May 19, 2022

Hi All:

I got the following fatal message about git clone message, when I use bamboo.  

19-May-2022 05:33:50 fatal: write error: Bad file descriptor
19-May-2022 05:33:50 fatal: index-pack failed

for optimization : bamboo tool has two options,  

1. Use shallow clones
Allows Bamboo to perform shallow clones (i.e. history truncated to a specified number of revisions). This should increase the speed of the initial code checkouts, however if your build depends on the full repository history, we recommend that you do not use this option. Shallow clones are enabled by default.

2. Enable repository caching on remote agents
Allow caching of repositories on remote agents to save bandwidth. Note that caches are always full clones of the source repository

I feel two options that have conflicts.

if we use cache and select 2,  we have to use full clones ?

if we select 1, we cannot select 2, since shallow clones cannot store a lot of history?

but I can see the tool allows us to select both. It is very interesting to know if what' should happen if selecting both.

I have to admit I might have a slow network interface which git clone problem. But how to improve from bamboo......or other tools?

1 answer

0 votes
full name May 24, 2022

I would like to see an answer for this. It's correct that the two option descriptions conflict but that you can enable them both at the same time, so it makes no sense and the behavior is unclear.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events