Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After a git branch is deleted, does the Bamboo git cache get removed?

Jonathan DelRosario June 9, 2017

I'm using a Maven plugin (jgitflow) via Bamboo that creates a 'release' branch only if a 'release' branch doesn't already exist.  After deleting the previous 'release' branch, I try to run the plugin again to create the 'release' branch but get the following error:

"Error starting release: Error starting release: a release branch [refs/remotes/origin/release/1.0.0] already exists. Finish that first!"

The 'release' branch mentioned above was deleted, but the Bamboo git cache makes Bamboo think it still exists.  Is there a way to update the git cache automatically?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2017

Hi Jonathan,

The instructions to remove the git cache can be found in Git cache removal in Bamboo.  In general this requires a restart so if you were to script this you would need to restart Bamboo.

In the latest Bamboo versions (5.x) there is a user interface feature (Overview > Repository Settings) that allows you to clean the Git cache without requiring a shut down of the application. 

I would definitely recommend adding a Suggestion to JAC for this feature.  If you do so please add the link to the ticket here so the community can vote on it!

Cheers,

Branden

Jeff Crawford December 1, 2017

To vote for this feature:  https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-15012

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2017

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting a link to the Suggestion request!

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events