Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin kicked out of bamboo admin group

fredB October 13, 2014

Hi all,

Atlassian Bamboo version 5.6.0 build 4409 here.

I needed to add someone to the admin group, so I went on to the groups editor, edited the bamboo-admin group, found the user to add, clicked save... And then I lost my admin rights.

Firstly, why? There is no safeguard?

So, how do I verify how messed up is the admin group now? How do I add myself back?

thanks,

Fred

2 answers

0 votes
fredB October 13, 2014

Hey Mike, thanks.

I did the install. The user name I used for the initial admin is the user name I have in our LDAP directory. So for the past few weeks I've been logging in with it because that's just my user name.

The installer user is that one that has lost its permissions.

Naturally, out of desperation I look through the DB tables to see users and groups, I can see my user in the "users" table, the "local_members"  puts my in the bamboo-admin group, my user doesn't appear anywhere in the "external_entities" table as a member of our ldap directory.

Wait, I tried to add myself as an admin user from LDAP, I failed at that but the initial admin account is back to the admin group.

Ok, my problem is solved in ways I don't understand. Is there any hope that Bamboo will add some safeguards?

Daniel Wester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

Looks like there's an open issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-11705 . My suggestion would be to vote for it. But since it's happened to me as well (and I had to go into the database to fix it)... I think it's necessary

fredB October 13, 2014

Thanks Daniel. it's a 2 year old issue, but I cast my vote.

0 votes
Mike Friedrich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

If you kept the buildin adminitrator (bamboo_admin?) - the one the installer created - you can use that one and add yourself.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events