Accessing the required agent capabilities for a job from a pre stage action module.

DaveD July 10, 2013

I'm trying to write a Bamboo plugin that can signal our remote agent manager to spawn the required remote agents on our HPC cluster as a pre-stage action. All our plan jobs specify a number of custom capabilities used by the HPC cluster and the remote agents are spawned with these capabilities by the manager.

My problem is that I can't find how to access the required capabilities for the jobs within the stage. I can access the BuildExecution and BuildContext from the StageExecution which seem to be able to provide some of the information but I can't find the job requirements (set on the requirements tab of the job configuration).

Please can someone point me in the right direction! Thanks for your assistance.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Gardias
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2013

Since this is happening on server, you should be able to use Spring-injected CachedPlanManager to retrieve Job object

//fetch Job from Plan cache
Job myJob = cachedPlanManager.getPlanByKey(buildExecution.getPlanResultKey().getPlanKey(), Job.class);

//and now you can read requirements:
RequirementSet requirements = myJob.getEffectiveRequirementSet()

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events