Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accessing bamboo.buildnumber

John Kelly July 21, 2013

Greetings from a Bamboo newbie. Background: I'm a developer on a project that uses Bamboo to build releases. The administration of Bamboo is handled on another continent.

I'd like to display the Bamboo build number in my .NET application, e.g. 'About' dialiog and event logging. As an example of what I'm seeking, in the past I've created postbuilds scripts that fetch SVN info and insert it into a file used by the application (AssemblyInfo.cs for you .NET types!). Could anyone point me in the right direction? I've seen some web posts about Bamboo providing a REST API; could I go that route? Suggestions and examples welcome.

Thanks very much for your help.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
ssetayeshfar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Hi John,

You can use the default build specific variable: "bamboo.buildNumber". The usage format for all build-specific variables is: ${bamboo.varName}. You can find more information about using global, plan or build specific variables on this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Using+global,+plan+or+build-specific+variables

Hope this helps.

Best,

Sepideh

John Kelly July 22, 2013

Hello Sepideh,

Thanks for your prompt reply and suggestions. Before I posted my question I had read the page you pointed to and it seemed to be exactly what I want.

To follow up, do you have a suggestion on how I might run a DOS script to access the bamboo.buildNumber variable? My only interface to Bamboo at the present time is the web interface; it's not running on a system I administrate. I'm just a 'web customer' at the present time.8^) An example would be wonderful. Thanks.

Best regards,

John

Brady Bickel May 5, 2014

Agreed. Examples are certainly lacking in use of variables.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events