Accessing AWS Identifiers from build plan

Jeremy Switzer February 11, 2013

Does bamboo make my AWS Access Identifiers (ID & Secret) that I entered in the Admisitration Panel available anywhere on the elastic instance? I want to upload some files to an S3 bucket from one of my build plans that uses the same identifiers.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2013

No, it's not available anywhere - you have to hardcode it in your script. We try to transfer as few credentials to the instance as possible.

You could put them in a file created via an instance setup script (check your image configuration) - in this way you'd have a single point where you define them.

Jeremy Switzer February 12, 2013

Thanks!

So if I add:

export AWS_KEY=XXXXXX
export AWS_SECRET=XXXXXX

to the setup script in the instance configuration, those vars will be available to the bamboo user when running a job via "$AWS_KEY" and "$AWS_SECRET"?

Will they also be available to the root user when running customise-extras.sh?

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2013

No, that won't work. You'd need to store them in a file and access it from your scripts.

If you want to make them available in customise-extras.sh, you can also put them into

/etc/defaults

on your EBS.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events