AWS Bamboo install

RyanDobbs November 25, 2015

Hi,

How do I view my install of Bamboo?

I have upgraded an install of Bamboo on an EC2 instance.

I upgraded to 5.9.7 from 5.8.* and have installed bamboo in its own directory under/mnt/my-data/atlassian-bamboo-5.9.7.

I have also set the home directory to be /mnt/my-data/bamboo-home.  This is where the home directory for the previous bamboo install was.

I have adjusted the JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY="1024m" in the bin/setenv.sh and can start Bamboo with bin/start-bamboo.sh

What I can't do is view Bamboo in my browser.  The log files indicate it's started and don't show any errors.

I have a AWS route 53 setup but it doesn't work.  I can't even use the private ip address of the EC2 instance and port 8085 to browse.

Am I missing something?

2 answers

1 vote
RyanDobbs November 26, 2015

Hi Renato,

I did have a look through the logs but nothing stood out.  I did notice that when trying to stop bamboo it was coming up with errors using bin/stop-bamboo.sh.

After a few restarts of the server I managed to bin/start-bamboo.sh without any errors and browse to the site.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Ryan

0 votes
rrudnicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 26, 2015

Hi Ryan, 

Many factors might be causing this behaviour. 

A quick test that you can perform to see if this is related to some routing/firewall question would be you try to access the Bamboo URL through command line. In case you don't have any command line browser, you can install one ( I like w3m)  and then try to access the Bamboo like this: w3m http://bamboo-url

If you can see the login page, than your upgrade is fine and for some reason you are facing a network issue (firewall, route, etc) otherwise, something into your upgrading is not setup properly. Also, did you checked both logs (installation and home folder)?

Other things you can check are:

• Verify if your JAVA_HOME path is correct and you have the right permissions over the home and install folder from Bamboo?
  • Do you have enough disc space?  You can check this with df -h command.
  • Is the port listening? Check this with netstat -vant |grep -i listen command.

Cheers, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events