AWS Bamboo install

Hi,

How do I view my install of Bamboo?

I have upgraded an install of Bamboo on an EC2 instance.

I upgraded to 5.9.7 from 5.8.* and have installed bamboo in its own directory under/mnt/my-data/atlassian-bamboo-5.9.7.

I have also set the home directory to be /mnt/my-data/bamboo-home.  This is where the home directory for the previous bamboo install was.

I have adjusted the JVM_MAXIMUM_MEMORY="1024m" in the bin/setenv.sh and can start Bamboo with bin/start-bamboo.sh

What I can't do is view Bamboo in my browser.  The log files indicate it's started and don't show any errors.

I have a AWS route 53 setup but it doesn't work.  I can't even use the private ip address of the EC2 instance and port 8085 to browse.

Am I missing something?

2 answers

Hi Renato,

I did have a look through the logs but nothing stood out.  I did notice that when trying to stop bamboo it was coming up with errors using bin/stop-bamboo.sh.

After a few restarts of the server I managed to bin/start-bamboo.sh without any errors and browse to the site.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Ryan

0 votes

Hi Ryan, 

Many factors might be causing this behaviour. 

A quick test that you can perform to see if this is related to some routing/firewall question would be you try to access the Bamboo URL through command line. In case you don't have any command line browser, you can install one ( I like w3m)  and then try to access the Bamboo like this: w3m http://bamboo-url

If you can see the login page, than your upgrade is fine and for some reason you are facing a network issue (firewall, route, etc) otherwise, something into your upgrading is not setup properly. Also, did you checked both logs (installation and home folder)?

Other things you can check are:

• Verify if your JAVA_HOME path is correct and you have the right permissions over the home and install folder from Bamboo?
  • Do you have enough disc space?  You can check this with df -h command.
  • Is the port listening? Check this with netstat -vant |grep -i listen command.

Cheers, 

Renato Rudnicki

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published 3 hours ago in Jira Service Desk

Frequently Asked Questions for Jira Service Desk (AKA JSD FAQ)

Just the FAQs! Welcome to the Community, and this Focused-FAQ! Here, we've pulled together some of the most frequently asked questions associated with Jira Service Desk (JSD). We hope ...

18 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you