Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60201 : Create ACL entries for projects (post-bootstrap) exception

v8lust November 16, 2017

We are migrating our bamboo instance from CentOS to Ubuntu (leaving Crowd, JIRA and Confluence on the existing CentOS host). We have dumped and restored PostGreSQL and copied accross the bamboo-home directory. The delivered properties file from Atlassian has been updated for our file path. The preconditions seemed fine, and the database connection and migrations looked OK, then a HTTP connection to places unknown has failed.

echo "bamboo.home=/atlassian/bamboo/bamboo-home" >> atlassian-bamboo-6.2.2/atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties

./atlassian-bamboo-6.2.2/bin/start-bamboo.sh -fg

2017-11-17 01:08:44,908 INFO [16-UpgradeTaskBackgroundThread:pool-31-thread-1] [AbstractUpgradeManager] --------------------------------------------------------
2017-11-17 01:08:44,909 INFO [16-UpgradeTaskBackgroundThread:pool-31-thread-1] [AbstractUpgradeManager] 60201 : Create ACL entries for projects (post-bootstrap)
2017-11-17 01:08:44,909 INFO [16-UpgradeTaskBackgroundThread:pool-31-thread-1] [AbstractUpgradeManager] --------------------------------------------------------
2017-11-17 01:08:44,959 INFO [16-UpgradeTaskBackgroundThread:pool-31-thread-1] [UpgradeTask60201CreateProjectAcls] Found 4 projects in total
2017-11-17 01:08:45,109 INFO [16-UpgradeTaskBackgroundThread:pool-31-thread-1] [HttpMethodDirector] I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused (Connection refused)
2017-11-17 01:08:45,110 INFO [16-UpgradeTaskBackgroundThread:pool-31-thread-1] [HttpMethodDirector] Retrying request
2017-11-17 01:08:45,111 INFO [16-UpgradeTaskBackgroundThread:pool-31-thread-1] [HttpMethodDirector] I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused (Connection refused)
2017-11-17 01:08:45,111 INFO [16-UpgradeTaskBackgroundThread:pool-31-thread-1] [HttpMethodDirector] Retrying request
2017-11-17 01:08:45,111 INFO [16-UpgradeTaskBackgroundThread:pool-31-thread-1] [HttpMethodDirector] I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused (Connection refused)
2017-11-17 01:08:45,111 INFO [16-UpgradeTaskBackgroundThread:pool-31-thread-1] [HttpMethodDirector] Retrying request
2017-11-17 01:08:45,114 ERROR [16-UpgradeTaskBackgroundThread:pool-31-thread-1] [DefaultUserAccessor] com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
com.atlassian.user.EntityException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

Hi Jules and Amy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Atlassian Community today! 

From the log snippet that you've posted, it looks like Bamboo's connection to Crowd was refused on the Crowd side. Specifically, we can see that in the following section:

2017-11-17 01:08:45,114 ERROR [16-UpgradeTaskBackgroundThread:pool-31-thread-1] [DefaultUserAccessor] com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)
com.atlassian.user.EntityException: com.atlassian.crowd.exception.OperationFailedException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refused)

Since Bamboo has been moved to a new server, could you please check the following:

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks! 
Elias Zeidan | Bamboo Support

v8lust November 17, 2017

Thanks for the guidance, I didn't forgot Crowd becomes the exclusive IAM solution in bamboo (I thought I could start it up and reconfigure once the UI was up). Now knowing this, Is there a way to change where it looks for Crowd, as I believe the current address is is looking for is localhost:8095?

If worse comes to worse, I can restart the old instance, reconfigure it in the UI, and start the migration process over.

Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 17, 2017

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I apologize for the delayed response.

To ensure the correct configuration on the new server, could you please do the following:

1. Stop Bamboo
  2. Replace the contents of <bamboo-home>/xml-data/configuration/atlassian-user.xml with:
    <atlassian-user>
        <repositories>
            <hibernate name="Hibernate Repository" key="hibernateRepository" description="Hibernate Repository" cache="true"/>
        </repositories>
    </atlassian-user> 

This will set Bamboo to use the internal user repository, with the original admin user

3. Start Bamboo – it should complete the installation/upgrade
  4. Configure the instance to use Crowd as the user repository

Thanks!

Elias

v8lust November 17, 2017

Thanks for that, the migrations appear to have completed. Can you advise is the base URL is in the database or in bamboo-home (cannot access as the application is attempting to redirect to the original location)?

v8lust November 17, 2017

Appears to be file system, i.e. bamboo-home/xml-data/configuration/administration.xml

Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2017

Hi!

Thanks for your question. That is correct, the Base URL is indeed stored in the <myBaseUrl> tags in the administration.xml file.

Please restart Bamboo after updating it, and let me know if you're able to access the application on the new URL.

Cheers,
Elias

v8lust November 17, 2017

p.s. the password reset from the supplied link work a treat and I now have UI access so I can now configure the migrated server and reapply the application links.

Much appreciated.

Elias Zeidan (they/them)
Atlassian Team
November 17, 2017

That is great news! I'm glad to hear that you're up and running.

Once you're all set up with the application links, could you please mark this as an "accepted" answer by clicking the check mark next to the first reply in case other Bamboo users may find this helpful.

Thanks again for reaching out. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events