cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 or 2 pipelines?

Sergey Erlikh September 5, 2013

Hi Bamboo-Guru,

I wonder what is the best approach in the current situation;

In our project we have a set of build, deploy and test jobs. In the nightly build, which takes the full test set (which takes a couple of hours), can eventually can lead to a releasable build

The on-commit build though, uses the same build, deploy and smaller set of test jobs, and is mainly used to provide CI feedback to the developers.

Would there be a way to set this up in 1 flow where only the nightly triggered build takes up all the test jobs, and the on-commit builds to only uses the smaller test set?

This will definitely impact the maintainability of the pipelines, where on changes we don't want to do things twice.

Thanks for providing feedback for us,

Sergey

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

Hi Sergey,

In my opinion, I guess it would be better if you have two different plan in one project. As for trigger, it will run the build for the whole plan and can't be specified by only stages. Therefore if you have sets of jobs that specific to specifc trigger, I would suggest you to have two different plans.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Martijn van der Kamp September 5, 2013

I had an additional answer but after rethinking it, it it was not correct :).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events