Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Connection to a Git linked repository fails after upgrade

Marshall Richard April 4, 2019

I have a very simply repository setup for testing but after a upgrade from 5.14 -> 6.8.1. the Test Connection returns an error.  Below is the error from the logs

Failed to connect to repository (type: Git, location: https://git.xx.xxx/xxx/SimpleWebSite.git, time: 22.99 ms, errors: [Unknown option: -c
usage: git [--version] [--exec-path[=GIT_EXEC_PATH]] [--html-path]
[-p|--paginate|--no-pager] [--no-replace-objects]
[--bare] [--git-dir=GIT_DIR] [--work-tree=GIT_WORK_TREE]
[--help] COMMAND [ARGS]])

The Git repository has no authentication and it points to the master branch.  The error message seems to imply that the function that get calls is not working correctly.

1 comment

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

Hi Marshall,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Check what version of Git you have on your Bamboo server, older versions of Git do not have the -c option on the clone command.

Marshall Richard April 5, 2019

We are running Bamboo on RHEL 6.10 and when i use yum to install the latest, i get the message that the latest version is already installed.

$ yum install git-core

Package git-1.7.1-9.el6_9.x86_64 already installed and latest version

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2019

You need to download a later version, 1.7.1 does not have the -c option. The latest Git version is 2.21.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events