Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it just me?

Steve Cuthbertson October 13, 2022

I've been attempting to install Bamboo and despite several attempts and maybe three days off and on I still have not managed it.

I tried on CentOS7 and MySQL 5.7 and ended up with issues.

I tried on CentOS8 and MySQL 5.7, same

I tried with Windows 2016 and MSSQL 2017, all links of issues

Is it just me? I've installed/upgraded Azure DevOps server and Jenkins in the past and not had any issues at all. I'm just pulling my teeth out with Bamboo.

Steve

2 comments

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 13, 2022

Hello @Steve Cuthbertson

Can you share your installation issues in detail?

Have you followed the Bamboo installation guide and made sure to review the MySQL requirements? Are you using a supported Java version?

Best regards,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Steve Cuthbertson October 14, 2022

Hello Eduardo,

On Linux I am getting error:

2022-10-14 09:26:40,474 INFO [performSetupDatabaseConnectionBackgroundThread] [SetupDatabaseConnectionAction] Validating connection to url: [jdbc:mysql://bamboo.doghouse.local/bamboo]
2022-10-14 09:26:41,176 INFO [performSetupDatabaseConnectionBackgroundThread] [SetupDatabaseConnectionAction] Database configuration is valid.
2022-10-14 09:26:41,222 ERROR [http-nio-8085-exec-12] [ExceptionMappingInterceptor] null
java.lang.IllegalStateException: null

I uninstalled everything java and reinstalled from jdk-8u333-linux-x64.rpm:

[root@bamboo bin]# java -version
java version "1.8.0_333"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_333-b02)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.333-b02, mixed mode)

Is that "correct"?

I still get the same error. I get the same error if I use MSSQL on the network too.

My Windows installation now gives me:

com.google.common.util.concurrent.UncheckedExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to create a tracker when osgi is not running at...

... in the browser and:

2022-10-14 10:33:16,778 INFO [performSetupDatabaseConnectionBackgroundThread] [SetupDatabaseConnectionAction] Database configuration is valid.
2022-10-14 10:33:16,825 ERROR [http-nio-8085-exec-12] [ExceptionMappingInterceptor] null
java.lang.IllegalStateException: null

... in the logs. That is running:

C:\>java -version
java version "11.0.16" 2022-07-19 LTS
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 18.9 (build 11.0.16+11-LTS-199)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 18.9 (build 11.0.16+11-LTS-199, mixed mode)

... on server 2016, SQL 2017.

I just feel increasingly frustrated. What am I doing wrong?

Regards, Steve

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2022

Hello @Steve Cuthbertson

Both Java 8 and Java 11 are supported by Bamboo.

I'd recommend you review your MySQL connector version and the Database URL. As stated on the Bamboo supported platforms and MySQL pages:

Good to know:

• MySQL is supported only with the InnoDB storage engine.

• In MySQL 8, the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver class implementing
    java.sql.Driver in MySQL Connector/J was deprecated.
    Instead, you should use the com.mysql.cj.jdbc.Driver class.
  • If you use MySQL Connector 8.0 with MySQL database 5.7, AO tables will not be created and Bamboo will not be able to start. To prevent this, include the nullCatalogMeansCurrent=true flag in your Database URL.  
    Your Database URL should look similar to:

jdbc:mysql://instenv-2787-y7fe.c7uydxwwuprf.eu-west-1.rds.amazonaws.com:3306/bamboo?autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8&nullCatalogMeansCurrent=true

Sincerely,

Eduardo Alvarenga
Atlassian Support APAC

--please don't forget to Accept the answer if the reply is helpful-- 

Steve Cuthbertson October 14, 2022

I have "Driver class can not be found in the class path" now. I fixed that once before. Can't remember how now...

Steve Cuthbertson October 19, 2022

I have finally managed to get over the installation and configuration steps...

In the end I dropped the MySQL database and started again with the aid of this article, then this article suggested I remove or rename <Bamboo-home>/ bamboo.cfg.xml.

Once I had done that, the configuration wizard went through. I used the connection string: jdbc:mysql://<server-name>:3306/bamboo?autoReconnect=true&useUnicode=true&characterEncoding=utf8&nullCatalogMeansCurrent=true

I haven't got my Windows bamboo server running yet, but as long as I have one server I can learn with that will be OK.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events