Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Branch specific build triggers

Vladimir Mikhailov April 5, 2018

Hello, 

I have Bamboo plan A and Bamboo plan B with branches B1, B2, B3. 

How can I set plan A to automatically trigger plan B and all it's branches? 

1 comment

Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

@Vladimir Mikhailov The plan B can be the child plan for plan A. You can configure this via the dependency tab in the setting of plan A

I don't think there is a way to trigger for all branches in plan B. You can trigger with a default branch that is configured via the default linked repository attached in plan B

I have very complicatedly tuned plan B with many branches just to override 1-3 variables (don't wanna multiply plans and support in case of any minor change all of them). And I want every build of Plan A to trigger plan B and all it's branches.

I think it is this ticket https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-12451 that will be never implemented... But very useful. 

I have found checkbox in plan configuration Dependency:

[ ] Enable dependencies for all branches of this plan

(Dependencies are triggered for branches only if there is a branch with the same name within the dependent plan)

But looks like it does not work at all

Minh Tran
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2018

Yeah i don't think it will unless you write a script at the end of plan A to trigger the rest api to trigger the build of plan B for both 3 branches B1, B2, B3. I think that will be feasible

the reason for having this option enabled for all branch plans is not to reconfigure every time the Parent plan A. Now I have 3 branch plans, but most probably a lot of other guys from Team will create soon ~100... No ideas how to trigger rest API to trigger all branches without mentioning exact names, regexp is most probably will not work...

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events