Bamboo build status badges for Bitbucket server

Julio Carlos Barrera September 4, 2019

Hi!

I like having build status badges in README files in my source code repositories (and maybe in more places). In my organization we have Bitbucket server and Bamboo, both on-premises. I would like to have Bamboo build badges in my Bitbucket repositories.

I have seen this plugin, but it seems outdate and doesn't support Bamboo current stable versions, it says it's only working until 6.4.2. We have higher versions.

Is there a way to have this integration for my Bitbucket server? Is Atlassian going to upgrade this plugin?

It would help us a lot having this functionality. Do you have any working alternative?

Thank you!

2 comments

Rafael Pinto Sperafico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2019

Hi @Julio Carlos Barrera ,

You can find the plugin's source code on https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/bamboo-build-status-image-plugin. Please, feel free to build the plugin to the Bamboo version you require.

Kind regards,
Rafael

Steffen Opel _Utoolity_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2019

Rafael's answer is good advise to ensure that the app will actually work with newer Bamboo versions.

Compatibility accuracy

That being said, the compatibility info in the Marketplace is not necessarily an indicator that the app does not work with newer versions, because this needs to be adjusted manually by the app vendor for minor Bamboo version bumps (e.g.. 6.4.x => 6.5.0), only patch version bumps are handled automatically (e.g. 6.4.1 => 6.4.2).

It's merely an indicator that there may very well be compatibility issues, because a minor version bump could imply backwards incompatible API changes, and this is for the app's vendor to assess (and address in case).

Given the app is listed at 'unsupported' by Atlassian Labs, it's worth testing it in a QA environment and it may still work just fine out of the box. Case in point, Atlassian Labs often bumps the version right away after being notified of one where the compatibility has been fallen behind.

Alternative app

There is also a new Status badges for Bamboo app that is already compatible with the most current Bamboo version. Beware that it has just been published a few weeks ago, but the source code is available as well for inspection.

Julio Carlos Barrera September 5, 2019

Thank you for this great answer. I will inspect both options in order to test them and choose one.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events