Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public holidays as non-business days - Email Reminders

Sarath March 8, 2021

Hello I'm using automation for jira (server) plugin to send reminders as and when tickets reach 20 business days past a date field. For that I'm using following condition

{{issue.fields.customfield_1234.diff(now).businessDays}}

From the documentation I read that only weekends can be excluded from business days. But I'm looking if there is a way to exclude public holidays (selected dates 1/1/21 ; 2/15/21, etc). 

business days.PNG

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Sarath 

That feature idea appears to be in the backlog: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-1623

Until that gets implemented, you may need to compute the business days diff by hand by checking for the holidays being in the date range.  If you are using Jira Cloud, the Create Variable action could help provide some working storage.

As another alternative, you could use a scheduled rule which updates in-progress issues once per day, accumulating holidays which have passed since starting work.  Then subtract that number from your business days calculation before checking for the 20 day threshold.

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events