Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate 'change' notification emails using Automation for Jira (DC).

Kevin Ketchum February 3, 2021

We'd like to generate these change notifications and provide a list of all fields that changed with their before/after values.

We realize that the build-in notification scheme does this - but we are trying to find a way to not send the email notification if the person making the change is in a specific project role.  In other words, we want changes made by the reporter to be emailed, while changes made by the developers are not to be emailed.

Automation for Jira allows us to check if the change was made by a user 'not in' a project role.  This is the only time emails would be sent.

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2021
Kevin Ketchum February 5, 2021

They are - and I just voted for both of them.  

Thanks for the links.

I've still got my hopes set on some functionality in Automation for Jira though (fingers crossed)

Mark Chaimungkalanont
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2021

You should be able to check for in a particular role using the user condition.

For the field changes, you should be able to access the {{changelog}} object to get the changed values. e.g. SUmmary changed from {{changelog.summary.fromString}} to {{changelog.summary.toString}}

Hope that helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events