Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit linked issue when changing the status of subtask of common parent user story

Jiří Janošek June 9, 2021

Hello, I can't solve the automation, when during the trigger of the subtask state change of the parent user story I need to change the linked issue attribute to the same user story.

i have already solved trigger Issue transitioned and jql conditon for select subtask whitch i need, but after that im stuck. I'm stuck. I don't know how to get to the corresponding linked issue via Branch rule / related issues.

Can you please advise me how to do this?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2021

Hi @Jiří Janošek 

I am not following your use case well.. For automation rule-related questions, it can help to post an image of your rule details and the audit log for the execution.  That may provide context for the community to offer suggestions.  Thanks!

It seems like your scenario is:

• WHEN an issue transitions
  • AND the trigger issue is a sub-task
  • AND its parent has another related sub-task
  • THEN change some link in the related sub-task

Is that what you are describing?  If not, please clarify a bit.

Best regards,

Bill

Jiří Janošek June 10, 2021

Hi @Bill Sheboy ,

this is a rule, but not correct, because the linked issue is not linked to a triggered subtask but on a user story. so this rule doesn't find any linked issue and i don't know how to do it to find it. maybe it's clearer now what I need to do.

rule.JPG
Thank you.

Jiri.

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events