Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can both Jira Service Managment Automation and Project automation work together in the same project

Gail Marik August 12, 2021

I already have an automation rule set up in my Jira Service Management project using the JSM automation.  Now I would like to add another rule and it seems the Project automation is easier to user for this particular case.  Can they both be used on the same project?  Does it have to be on different events or do they each have their own event processor?

1 answer

4 votes
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2021

Welp, considering that Atlassian has decided to start turning off Legacy automation (that's what your first rule was setup in), it might be good to switch over to the newer automation engine.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-is-legacy-automation/

But in answer to your questions:

1. Yes you can use both automation engines with the same project. And in fact, the Legacy automation is the only way to still do certain actions (like changing a JSM request type). Hopefully they fix that one before killing Legacy automation (currently scheduled to begin rollout on Aug 30, 2021.)

2. And yes, you can have rules from each be triggered by the same events. I don't know which one takes precedence though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events