'Branch creation' trigger runs on commit

Daniel Domberger March 23, 2021

I've got an automation rule that transits a ticket to `In Progress` whenever a new branch is created. This worked fine until a few days(?) ago when it started to behave strangely. It now looks like it gets called every time we push a new commit to an already existing branch.

The usual workflow is like this:

Branch gets created => automation moves ticket to `In Progress`

PR is opened => automation moves ticket to `In Review`

Now if I push a commit to a branch with a ticket, that is in review, the audit log tells me that `Branch created` rule got triggered and the ticket is actually moved to `In Progress`. As a workaround I've now added a condition to check if the status is not `In Review` like this:

automation-branch-created.png

But there seems to be something strange here as I wouldn't expect the `Branch created` trigger get called on a new commit push to an already existing branch.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2021

Hi @Daniel Domberger 

I didn't see any defects for this in the public backlog, and I suggest asking your site admin to submit a ticket to support: https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Best regards,

Bill

Daniel Domberger March 23, 2021

Thanks a lot. Will do.

Sanath April 6, 2021

Hey, @Daniel Domberger I see that you've marked the answer as accepted. Did someone from Jira support fix it for you? Can you share the steps here so others could benefit?

If not, why is this accepted?

0 votes
Sai Krishna April 5, 2021

Hi @Daniel Domberger 

I'm facing a similar issue where every new commit is triggering the "Branch created" rule on Automation.

Were you able to find any solution for this ?

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events