Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation Send Email Formatting (.text vs .html)

Tom Scoggin July 5, 2023

<strong><li>Description:</strong> {{description.text}}</li> 

This string converts my formatted text to plane text without any issuesAs text.png

<strong><li>Description:</strong> {{description.html}}</li>

This string puts the formatted text in the email but adds a space above the description.html. Any ideas how to keep this from happening?

As html.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2023

Hi @Tom Scoggin 

If you write that expression to the audit log, you will find that the rule's html encoding is adding a paragraph around the description.  And so the email (or a browser) display is interpreting the results it is adding space before the paragraph.

One work-around could be to use remove() to strip off the paragraph and prefix the description with a break, perhaps like this:

<strong><li>Description:</strong> <br>{{description.html.remove("<p>").remove("</p>")}}</li>

That could work for the scenario you show.  If there was other embedded markup this might break that.

Kind regards,
Bill

Tom Scoggin July 10, 2023

Good morning @[deleted]

This worked perfectly. I just needed to get rid of the <br> because I actually didn't want a brake in the line of text. 

Thank you.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events