Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABILITY TO CLONE A TASK WITH CHECKLISTS

molaoye June 27, 2022

I would love to be able to clone a task with its associated checklist. Normally when I clone a task, it only clones the task, subtasks and attachments associated with it. However, it does clone the checklists.

3 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2022

Hi! 

It usually depends on what App you use for your checklists. If it's Issue Checklist Pro or Issue Checklist Free then the checklist should be cloned automatically as explained in our documentation.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 29, 2022

Hi @molaoye,

I am Marlene from codefortynine.

With our Jira cloud app Deep Clone for Jira, it's possible to clone most checklists.

If you can share with me what kind of checklist you're working with, I could check whether Deep Clone is able to clone it or not. 

Thies Uhlenbruch January 19, 2023

Hi Marlene,

i have an issue with Deep Clone and Checklist from HeroCoders (Free) It should work but doesn't work for me on our cloud instance ...

Is there a solution?

Cheers,

Thies

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 19, 2023

Hi @Thies Uhlenbruch,

Thank you for letting me know that you experienced an issue while working with Deep Clone.

Have you enabled the "Save checklist data to Jira custom fields" setting in the Issue Checklist configuration menu?

You can read more about how to enable that functionality in our documentation.

Please note that it might take a few hours until all issues have been updated, which means that you have to wait a bit until you are able to clone checklists.

Please reach out to our support if this doesn't solve the issue.

Like Thies Uhlenbruch likes this
Thies Uhlenbruch January 19, 2023

Hi @Marlene Kegel - codefortynine

thank you for your response. Now it works :-)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Olena Brazhko_Railsware_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2022

Hi @molaoye

The checklist gets cloned with Smart Checklist for Jira. Pro. You can see the details here.

The Smart Checklist for Jira. Free is also available.

For any questions, contact smartchecklist@railsware.com.

Best,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events