Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcement: Update to emails sent from Atlassian Automation

Hi Atlassian Community! We want to inform you of an upcoming change to the emails sent from Atlassian Cloud automation.

What’s changing?

Emails sent from Atlassian Automation are currently sent from the address no-reply@automation.atlassian.com.

From the week of May 29, 2023, these emails will instead be sent from the address automation@[sitename].atlassian.net. For example, automation@acme.atlassian.net.

Note that this is only for emails sent from the Automation feature. This means things like:

• Emails sent to you when an automation rule fails
  • Emails sent from the Send email action

But does not mean things like:

• Email notifications sent when an issue gets updated
  • Promotional emails that Atlassian sends out about products and events

Do you need to do anything?

If you have any email filters that use the no-reply@automation.atlassian.com address, you’ll need to update these so that they use the new address.

Until next time!

If you have any questions, please feel free to drop a comment on this article and we’ll do our best to respond.

7 comments

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Thanx @Kevin Bui for this update!

Kalin U
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2023

Hi, @Kevin Bui . Can you please inform Jira admins through a banner in the application about the change or at least by an email sent to org admins? This is an important change and announcing it well in advance will solve unnecessary support requests and troubleshooting minutes.

Like # people like this
Rick Westbrock May 30, 2023

I agree with Kalin as I have my notifications here configured for weekly so I didn't see this until the day after the change was to be made. It would also be helpful to have a separate forum for release notifications so people like me could configure that for daily updates instead of weekly. I commonly see a separate forum for release notifications for other SaaS applications already.

Like # people like this
Adam Kassoff May 31, 2023

Is this in hopes to prevent the emails that are sent by the email action in automation from going to spam in personal email accounts?

Folco June 1, 2023

very annoying because we had an email connection with one of our suppliers and in de rule we indicated that the return address need to be support@xxx.atlassian.net. This rule doesnt work anymore since the change. what can we do to make it work again.

Like Alberto Andujar likes this
Christopher Hsu June 27, 2023

Several of our users had pre-configured Outlook rules to manage some of our automation e-mail communications and had to re-create the rules.  Since I pass the assignee's e-mail a few users were unable to create new rules, I have followed up and demonstrated how using the Advanced rule functionality can allow them to edit the From field for a rule, but this has caused challenges.  Additionally, we use the From in cell phone contacts to generate text messages, and bypass for alerting.  When this change took place the emergency bypass setting didn't apply to this new sender also causing delayed responses.  Definitely a challenge, it would be ideal if the From field was editable in automation.

Mariane Cayer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2024

Is it possible to use another sending adress than automation@[sitename].atlassian.net? Didn't find a way to do it.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events