Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topic Tuesday - Aug 21

Daniel Judd August 21, 2018

What is one way Atlassian products have shifted the way your team works?

2 comments

Comment

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2018

One of the biggest ways I've seen Jira shift the way my team worked was when we implemented Service Desk and changed from auto assigning every issue to putting them in a queue and having the next available person pull from the top of that queue.  We had much happier customers because 1) the more important stuff was getting done first because it ranked higher in the queue 2) they didn't think issues were being worked just because they were assigned to someone when they really weren't, and 3) work didn't go stale when someone went on vacation or was out sick because the 35 issues that would have been ignored under the old method (because they were assigned), were sitting in the queue waiting on the next available staff member.

The other biggest way I've seen Atlassian tools shift the way a team worked was when we implemented a recruiting/hiring "application" in Jira.  Suddenly, managers, HR staff, recruiters, IT, and Facilities could easily find a wealth of information about what was happening and when.  Big win across the entire organization!

Cheers!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2018

Ha! Larry's answers are precisely mine as well. When I introduced JSD replacing Spiceworks it greatly improved the way the IT group works and the visibility of those efforts. Before it was very difficult to monitor incoming tickets and closure. Now, with dashboards and queues we have improved controls and visibility. Incorporating multiple levels of SLA and automation has been a great improvement.

Later I used JSD to setup a Staffing project to handle requests, approvals, interviewing, and hiring decisions. We are now looking at extending this to incorporate an on-boarding process that will link into the Staffing project thru automation.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 22, 2018

Great minds @Jack Brickey, great minds....  =^)

We did that on-boarding piece.  We used the TurboKit add-on to create on transition issues into the IT and Facilities teams queues and closed linked issues so when the HR person closed the onboarding issue, all the related issues across departments closed as well.  There were a couple of other cool tricks we build but I'll save those for an AUG presentation. ;-)

Give me a shout if you'd like to compare notes!  I'm sure there's a cold :beer: somewhere in Austin that we can consume while we discuss. Cheers!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events