Topic Tuesday - Aug 14

Daniel Judd August 14, 2018

TOPIC TUESDAY QUESTION: Atlassian is driven by acknowledging employees and customers in their efforts to promote teams. What have you or your organization done lately that has created a positive impact within your team or with the entire company?

4 comments

Comment

Amanda {Praecipio} August 14, 2018

This past weekend, we enjoyed our 5th annual Ascend gathering of our people and their families. It's our way of saying, "Thanks for everything you do! And, family, thanks for supporting us too! Come and hang out for a weekend on us." 

Celina Zamora August 14, 2018

That's fantastic, @Amanda {Praecipio}

Daniel Judd August 14, 2018

Thats a really cool and semi-easy way to give back to your teams! 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2018

Of late most of my initiatives in this area fall outside of Atlassian products TBH. At the risk of being shamed here, let me share.

Recently I have introduced Microsoft Teams into the workplace. While a handful of us have been using Stride, and Hipchat before that, there was no way we were going to see the entire organization move to Stride. My company has been a Skype for Business house for a long time. Once I began playing w/ Teams I found that it was the first real opportunity for me to move everyone forward on a single platform. Given the web-hooks for Jira it met most of my Jira users needs and it certainly is a huge improvement over S4B (IMO). While a number of us have used Teams for the last 6 weeks or so we are just now rolling it out to the entire company. This decision was completely independent of Atlassian's decision on Stride by the way and before anyone asks, Slack really wasn't the right path forward for us.

Now more on the Atlassian side, but nothing really new - just growth, I have made inroads in getting more folks leveraging the collaboration capabilities of Jira and Confluence. Usage continues to grow as more and more individuals begin to use it to manage their projects.

Celina Zamora August 14, 2018

I respect your level of transparency @Jack Brickey! Thanks for sharing and also highlighting your journey between both tool sets. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2018

I personally would like to use Slack and in past life where I was managing primarily software development that is the path we would go. In my new role, where I own IT, I have to consider my customer's needs. Those pesky customers! ;-)

Mary Connor August 15, 2018

I just completed migrating our Confluence Server documentation content into Confluence Cloud, using the money freed up for hosting Server to buy more licenses in Cloud so that all of Engineering can collaborate on documentation development and reviews. (This was all driven by our company's move to Jira Service Desk Cloud, so our support and sales engineer folks were already there.) I train them tomorrow!

Philip Cushing August 15, 2018

With 15 IT teams using JIRA we had left one part of our organization with a bandaid when we moved from a prior tool to JIRA for our agile work flows at the beginning of the year. This week we have been building a way for our 8 distribution centers to be able to submit work needed stories to our Supply Chain IT teams here that is not a proxy mail box. This will give them the view of the entire process of their stories and be able to watch the story move between the filtering project to the teams that pick up the work. To be able to update when needed and see responses from team with email notifications and do all of this through personalized dashboards for each DC, also showing the work entered by the user viewing as well as the other users with access in the same DC. A huge win in transparency for vital components of our locations that disappeared in our initial foray into JIRA. Finalization on the dashboards happens today and webinar training could begin potentially as early as tomorrow.

Jeff Skipper August 15, 2018

Wow, Sounds like a great success story!  

Best of luck Philip!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events