Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mary from Caringo

Mary Connor June 21, 2018

Howdy! I'm lone writer here at Caringo, and I've been developing our product documentation on Confluence Server for years. We use Jira for engineering and Jira Service Desk for our support tickets. My battle now is figuring out how to author docs within the k-base that Jira Service Desk uses so that customers can pull up that content even though they lack named licenses. 

2 comments

Comment

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
June 26, 2018

@Mary Connor interesting use case! @Jack Brickey do you know who might have the JSD/Confluence overlapping skill set that can help? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2018

@Mary Connor,

If you have a KB space setup and you create a new page in that space it should be accessible to your customers via the portal. I may be missing your point but here is an article you may wish to read if you are just getting started w/ KB. The link directs you to server 3.13 documentation but you can easily change to Cloud or another version. I would also suggest checking the Community for any questions you have as there are always great people there to help quickly keep you moving forward.

cheers,

j

Mary Connor June 28, 2018

Right, but only pages in that particular space are accessible to them. Makes figuring out how to author pre-release content tricky, as Scroll Versions isn't available on Cloud, for precisely pushing in released content. If we're super careful, we can manage pre-release content as Draft pages and Unpublished Changes, but I'm still testing other options.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events