Larry Brock - water sports nut, Atlassian enthusiast, and former AUG leader

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2018

Hello everyone!  It's great to meet all you new folks and I'm happy to connect in yet another way with all of you I already know!

It doesn't take most people very long to find out I love water sports - all water sports.  I'm a lake-rat at heart, skiing, wakeboarding, wakesurfing, tubing, paddleboarding, etc.  I love the ocean too and surf, scuba, and snorkel whenever I get the chance.  On summer weekdays, you can frequently find me on Lake Austin at sunrise with my friends sneaking in a ski session before work.  Yes, we're nuts.

Atlassian enthusiast is the truth! - I worked with Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence, and Crowd for several years and had so much fun that I joined Praecipio Consulting here in Austin to work full time with the Atlassian suite.  I now have the privilege of working with organizations across the USA, helping them create and streamline business processes, frequently by using the Atlassian tools.  I also assist customers by installing, upgrading, and migrating various tools between Server, DC, and Cloud.  There's also auditing, troubleshooting, tuning, integrating, and adding automation to increase the value of the tools.  I love to share what I know and learn new things so if you have a question, please don't be afraid to ask me.  If I don't know the answer, I'll likely join your journey of discovery to help find the answer so I know as well.

As my article title indicates, I spent a couple of years working with the outstanding Atlassian Community Team plus Tony, Daniel, and Reese Schmit as an Austin AUG leader. Though I had to step down due to becoming an Atlassian Solutions Partner employee, you'll still find me hanging around the AUG, speaking, participating on panels, helping set up/tear down, and generally helping wherever I can.

1 comment

Comment

Renee McKechnie September 18, 2018

Hi, Larry! I watched your 2017 Atlassian Summit presentation on JIRA + ServiceDesk + ITIL, and wondered if you'd be open to a short call to talk about your experience at Samsung.

I work for a large academic health system that's considering Atlassian for enterprise service management, and I'm hoping to connect with some real world, large company Service Desk users.

Thanks!
Renee McKechnie
mckechni@ohsu.edu

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2018

Absolutely @Renee McKechnie! I'll send you and email with my contact info and we can set up a call.

~~Larry

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events