Austin Faves: What's yours?

Celina Zamora July 20, 2018

Hi all! I'm Celina and help support our user groups at Atlassian.

As summer continues, and the weekend rolls in, it had me thinking. We all have the opportunity to explore and have some outdoor fun in our wonderful city, what would you consider to be the top 3 things you enjoy doing outside around Austin?

Mine are: 

• SUP on the river
  • Barton Springs or any pool for that matter
  • Watching a movie at Alamo (it's hot outside...too hot)

5 comments

Comment

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2018

Hi Celina! I think I know you from work ;)

1. Kayaking on the lake!
  2. Food trucks.
  3. Tubing down the river in San Marcos.
Jen DeAngelo July 20, 2018

Ann, how about kayaking in SM or New Braunfels? We have (tiny) rapids, AND you can actually get in the water!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2018
  • sipping a hatch or jalapeno margarita anywhere that is good and cold
  • hopping around downtown looking for music and darts
  • catching a move at the Alamo or Movie House 

I do like floating down the Comal or Guadalupe but it can get crowded w/ crazies at times. :-)

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2018

My husband and I went tubing one time on a long weekend and the college kids kept asking what people our age were doing on the river...;)

Jen DeAngelo July 20, 2018

Especially this weekend, with Float Fest happening on SM river! I live in SM, so most days after work I'll pop down for a float or swim. I also love The Spot cinema house - similar to Drafthouse, but never crowded! 

brian.watts July 21, 2018

I've lived here for two decades and haven't really ventured anywhere. Every month or so there's an AUG event -- that qualifies as outside! 

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2018

Waterskiing on Lake Austin at sunrise on a weekday makes the day bulletproof!  Blues on the Green, floating the rivers, and biking on one of the green belts or creeks are outstanding.  I also second @Jack Brickey on "sipping a hatch or jalapeno margarita anywhere that is good and cold".  Cheers!

Jeff Skipper July 30, 2018

Watersports seem to be a theme here, I will echo that as well... after kayaking on townlake or ladybird lake, whatever they call it these days... my wife and I enjoy a glass of wine on a patio at one of the local wine bars.

Hiking is awesome also, maybe a little hot lately for all but the extreme nuts, but most of the year it's good to get out and hike.   "the hill of life" is a good one, or "River Place" hike is a beast!

Cheers!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events