cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My favorite athlete - Best Indian Archers: Deepika Kumari

Shrikant Wagh July 8, 2021

From https://www.kreedon.com/famous-indian-archers/

Deepika Kumari Indian female athletes KreedOn

At just the age of 24, Deepika Kumari is already considered the best archer India has ever produced. And looking at her achievements so far, there is every reason to believe that she actually is the best.

Deepika became India’s golden girl with two gold medals at the 2010 Commonwealth Games, winning both individual and team event. And she did it at the age of 16, just SIXTEEN!

The Ranchi-born archer went on to win the team bronze at the 2010 Asian Games and silver in 2011 World Championship. But it was at individual events where Deepika made India proud. She has won three gold medals and three silver at various World Cups in individual events.

Deepika was at the top of the world rankings in 2012 but failed to live up to India’s medal hopes at the London 2012 Olympics. In Rio 2016, Deepika lost in the round of 16 in individual event and quarterfinal in the team event.

But the current World No. 5 is still a serious medal contender for Tokyo 2020. Deepika will look to bag an Olympic medal and seal her name as the best Indian archer of all time once and for all.

1 comment

Comment

Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 19, 2021

Wow - she is SO COOL! I am amazed. Thank you for sharing! I will keep an eye out for Deepika at the Tokyo Games :). 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events