I'm curious: Which was your preferred athlete quote?

I'm a really curious person, and I think it would be nice to share in the comments which athlete quote you shared in the Atlympics inscription form:

8 comments

Comment

Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 2, 2021

I'll go first. Mine was from pro skater Rodney Mullen: “I see people with talent and all those things, but the one thing they don’t have is just that love for the sake of doing it.”

Like Waqas Abbasi likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2021

Mine was on marathon from famous long distance athlete Emil Zatopek:

"If you want to run, run a mile. If you want to experience a different life, run a marathon."

Like # people like this
Roxanne Bernard
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 2, 2021

Mine was from Mia Hamm, one of the first female global football/soccer stars:

"The person that said winning isn't everything, never won anything."

Like # people like this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 2, 2021

Mine came from LeBron James (Basketball)

“Don’t be afraid of failure. This is the way to succeed.”

Like # people like this
Waqas Abbasi
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2021

Mine was from L Messi (Soccer):
"You can overcome anything if and only if you love something enough"

Like Huwen Arnone likes this
Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2021

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take ~ Gretzky

Like Huwen Arnone likes this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
July 15, 2021

That's a really famous one @Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_ ! I like that. Well, all of them, but I especially remember that one. Thanks for sharing!!

Like Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_ likes this
Basloka taskija March 24, 2022

One of my favourite athlete / shoot the soccer ball quotes is "be the first version of yourself instead of being the second version of someone else". 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events