Your most memorable ACE / AUG moment

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2021

It's been a year since we all shifted to doing everything completely online. I'm curious to know - what's been the most memorable part of attending an Atlassian Community Event for you? Online or offline!

2 comments

Comment

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2021

I am going to cheat a lot here.  I have four.

• I went to Kew Gardens for an ACE and met an Adaptavist for the first time (I'd worked with them before, but never physically met one), plus an Atlassian, and then a load of other people in the ecosystem. 
  • I went to an ACE and met Bee.
  • I went to my first Atlassian summit, as a guest, not a partner, and met what felt like 1/3rd of the Atlassian team
  • Several years later, Bee yelled "Road Trip" at me, and, well, @Daniel Eads - you know what happened there.  I would love to do that again.  Susan mentiioned it the other day, so...

I can't say that there is a single ACE that is "most" memorable though.  I have a terrible memory, the ones that stand out for me are the ones that affect my life, not necessarily the "best" for others.

Like Daniel Eads likes this
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

Well I suppose I should say that the most memorable ACE for me was taking over the leadership of the London AUG with Kevin Smith and Jay McCarogher. After that it lead to a lot of great times meeting folks from all over the world and having some amazing times. 

Anyone who has not attended an ACE in person should definitely make the effort when we can meet together again. In the meantime I have been loving the opportunity to join virtual events all round the world. 

Like Daniel Eads likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events