AUG in Atlassian Community

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2018

I think it would be nice to have an Atlassian User Group tie-in to the Atlassian Community. Both are excellent resources for finding answers and connecting with others with a common interest. A field for AUG could be included in your profile.

I have some thoughts on ways to include AUG in the Community.

• Display an AUG icon near each question/discussion created by someone in your AUG
  • Pull AUG upcoming events and drop that content into the feed for users associated with that group
  • Offer an AUG member badge
  • Create an AUG challenge where the group with the most answers marked as correct by someone not in their group wins

Any thoughts on this from the Atlassian Community at large?

3 comments

Comment

NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2018

This is a great idea and an excellent way to tie together two complimentary user basis.

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 17, 2018

@Jonny Adams great suggestions! We do already have an AUG member badge; if you're an AUG member and don't have that, let me know.

We also have the sidebar that asks for your location and then will show you upcoming events local to you -- it's on the right-hand sidebar.

And finally, we will be launching something AUG-related in the not-too-distant future that you will also enjoy. :) More information as it gets closer!

And definitely keep the ideas coming; we love them!

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

Thank you, @Monique vdB. I am a member of the DFW AUG, but I don't have the badge.

I am excited for whatever AUG-related things may come!

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

@Monique vdB lets give this man a badge! (I am the AUG Leader for the DFW TX AUG)

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

@NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE Thank you again. Nothing like a little support from the home team!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 17, 2018

@Jonny Adams and @NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE, both of you have been given shiny new badges. Take a look!

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

@Monique vdB - I'm a part of the (very tiny) Sacramento AUG. 

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

Love the badge! Thank you, @Monique vdB!

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

@Monique vdB AWWW YEAH!

@Meg Holbrook No such thing as a small AUG. Its the quality, not the quantity!

Monique vdB
Community Manager
April 17, 2018

@Meg Holbrook check your badges! 😊

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 18, 2018

@Monique vdB - I'm raising the roof right now. 

Kevan Lin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

As the designer dedicated to the community, I'm curious…

Display an AUG icon near each question/discussion created by someone in your AUG

Totally new to the AUG world, so could you explain to me the benefit in seeing this AUG icon? What if there are multiple AUG members who belong to multiple AUGs that create questions/discussions? Would you want to see which AUG they are a member of, or is it just that an AUG member posted the content?

Pull AUG upcoming events and drop that content into the feed for users associated with that group

Where is this feed located for you? Is that on a Product's homepage https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira/ct-p/jira or your own personalized feed on the homepage? 

Jonny Adams
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2018

Hi @Test User KL,

Thank you for requesting more detail for this.

The benefit of the AUG icon would be purely for sport. Kind of like seeing someone wearing a shirt with your College letters on it.

I would only want to see an AUG icon if the user posting had my AUG in their list. I wouldn't necessarily care to see any additional AUG icons unless I also had them as one of my AUGs.

I am a DFW AUG member so I typically go to https://aug.atlassian.com/dallas/ in order to see if anything new has been posted.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events