Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experiance at Atlassian Cloud Connect New Delhi

On 13th February 2020, there was an Atlassian Cloud Connect event at New Delhi, India hosted by Atlassian Platinum Solution Partner in APAC region Amrut Software. I was one of the attendees and here is my experience about the deeds of this event.

Let us start with speakers,

• Vishwajeet Singh, Chief Technology Officer - Amrut Software
  • Partha Kamal, Head of Cloud Migration - Atlassian
  • Archana Rao, Chief Information Officer - Atlassian

Vishwajeet spoke about the journey of Amrut Software as an Atlassian Partner. He shared numbers and growth chart of Amrut Software along with Atlassian. The interesting take away here was how Atlassian is growing in the Asian market, and with the small upcoming startups especially in India. From the perspective of a solution partner, he gave an idea on how a solution partner can help you orchestrate a solution using Atlassian tools, to take away your worries and let you focus on business values.

Partha as head of cloud migration for Atlassian gave perspective on the rate of growth of cloud. As per him, the trend of movement towards the cloud is certainly there, and organization who were initially shy because of security, and performance-related constrained are now part of the Atlassian Cloud ecosystem. This happened because of Atlassian's acute focus on security, performance and optimization on the cloud.

He also gave some information about upcoming development,

• User limit upgrade for the cloud site from 5,000 to 10,000 users,
  • Jira server to cloud migration assistance (coming in March 2020),
  • App/add-on migration assessment

He also gave a guideline and lessons that you need to follow before you start your migration process. The take away was, "plan twice and execute once". He also insisted on the role of solution partners during the process like migrations, as you need to execute this process once for your organization, and rather than focusing on learning this process, outsourcing to solution partner is always a better approach.

I was lucky enough to connect with Partha one on one during the tea break, and I must say this person is super calm and composed.

Archana, the girl power ready for the Champagne toast, was more focused on telling the story of Atlassian's movement to the cloud. She emphasized how the cloud is helping solve the business problems for Atlassian, which initially seemed not possible. She gave an idea on, people, process and technology at Atlassian, and how the better composition of this can solve our day to day business challenges.

Now, coming to the audience, as usual for India it was a mixed bag, of age-old industry personals to the startup employees. I was surprised to see some faces from Government organizations and was astonished by the scale at which Atlassian is penetrating this. Questions asked by the audience were a mix of technical and business difficulties, and there was nothing that can't be solved with a better understanding of the Atlassian ecosystem.

Food and venue were fantastic. I am hopeful to see more such event by Atlassian and Atlassian partners in India.

Finally, thanks to Amrut Software for organizing and inviting people, and all speaker for taking time out of there schedule to share knowledge, and Atlassian for everything they do.

If anyone here attended this event please do share your experience in comments.

1 comment

Comment

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2020

Sounds like a great event! Awesome write up @DPKJ 🤩🌟👏

Like DPKJ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events