Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlympics - Hello from the middle of England

Hello dear reader from my little slice of England.  I'm Liam, and I'm a co-leader for the Wolverhampton chapter.

image.png

We're quite a new chapter, founded by the wonderful Aly, and we are slowly finding our feet!  Feel free to stop by and say hello, everyone is welcome and we're all very friendly!

In addition to being new as a chapter, I'm also quite new as a Leader.  I became a Leader in late 2020 after joining the Community in September last year.  From the moment I joined I knew I'd be hooked!

Being a leader has benefitted me in so many ways - there are the obvious swag opportunities (who doesn't love a new pair of socks!) and the opportunities to get closer to Atlassian, but more than that there are opportunities to learn.  Reading, and occasionally answering, questions online - or being part of an ACE has taught me so much about how people use Atlassian products and so many new things that I can do with the suite.  The final thing that has benefitted me is all the new found friends I have made - Community Leaders (and Managers, and other Atlassian staff!) really are some of the nicest people in the world.  I really enjoy just jumping on to Slack and getting away from it all for a bit.

In terms of my favourite ACE, we've only had a couple and they've all been online - but I've enjoyed each of them in their own ways.

My dream ACE - where to begin?  I think I'd fill it with Community Managers so I could meet them all, the topic would be permissions as that's my weakness.  The food and drink would be the difficult bit - if you've seen any of my Friday Fun posts you'll know it is an important part of my life.  For drinks, we'd do cocktails and mocktails to get everyone in a holiday spirit.  The food theme would be 'miniature' - with everything people would want in bitesize form.  I'd showcase the best of British food (think roast beef inside a small Yorkshire pudding) as well as little versions of all different cultures - such as pizza, hot dogs, dumplings, etc.

We would end with mini gateau! Mmmmm, gateau!  Sorry, I got carried away there.

Anyway, if we are all ever allowed in one room again then I'll see you all at the Atlassian Foodfest to learn about permissions!!

Thanks for reading, and if you have any food ideas drop them below

1 comment

Comment

Matt Doar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 30, 2021

Mini-food is an interesting idea!

Like Liam Green likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events