What's your favorite Point A Tool?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

I have to admit that I am little partial to the tools being rolled out under the Point A initiative. I am curious as to your favorite. Mine is definite Jira Work Management. 

Let me know yours!

https://www.atlassian.com/point-a

13 comments

Comment

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Ooh, excellent question!

I think I'm torn between Jira Work Management and Jira Product Discovery.

At this moment I think JWM has the most potential for myself to be used/implemented but I don't know enough about JPD (I'm going to coin that term) yet. The idea however appeals to me greatly.

So I'm gonna have to have a draw between JWM and JPD

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Actually same here as it relates to our organization as a whole. We are in the Alpha with JPD and one of my Product Managers is already drooling over it haha. He will be the point for us and it will be a tremendous help for our PMs. 

Personally, I will use JWM more. 

Like Mary Raleigh likes this
Erica Larson
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

I am so excited for Team Central. We have hacked so many different ways to give high level updates to our executives (dedicated projects with custom issue types and fields which are then exported to excel and nothing ever stays in sync or up to date so you have to update in both places..... ugh!).  We are still on Data Center so unfortunately it will still be a year or more till I can take advantage.  

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Definitely some nice potential there! We were a part of the Alpha and the product has progressed very nicely. 

Mary Raleigh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2021

Thanks for the Team Central heart@Erica Larson !! We feel your pain, repetitive updates suck. Until we woo you to the Cloud, our friends at Deiser made a great solution that may help alleviate some of your pains (there may be other marketplace apps too, but Project Trak is the only one I'm familiar with). 

Please do keep us posted! 

Like # people like this
Leo Diaz _ DEISER
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 18, 2021

Thank you, @Mary Raleigh for mention us. 

@Erica Larson If I can help you in any way, don't hesitate to contact me!  In this video you can see Projectrak in action.

Regarding the thread, I am looking forward to learning more about Compass and Jira Product Discovery 🤔

Like # people like this
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Very difficult to determine a favorite without more details on the products themselves. The keynotes yesterday were great ticklers. From that, I plan to look more into Team Central and Jira Work Management.

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Definitely the Team Central... I always loved smart and sophisticated solutions but when I'm older I think that for simple use cases, the simple solutions are better.

Like # people like this
Kevin Leung April 29, 2021

We just learned about Team Central, so we're trying that out. We'll see if the team likes it, but it really does address a dual need of:

1. Getting status updates from across the team since we're not in a rhythm of doing regular meetings for it

2. Sharing updates with the rest of the team about where projects are

Like # people like this
Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

I sense a bit of favoritism there @John Funk.  It's okay, JWM is my favorite too.

I was given a sneak peek at Discovery as part of my media walkthrough of JWM prior to launch, and I'm digging what I saw.  It's billed as a Jira for PM's, but I can see a possible niche there as a "Jira for creatives."

Also, now that I type it out, when did I become media? Does this mean I'll have to get a press badge for next year's Team!?

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

WOW, I know a media celeb! You got a shout out in the JWM demo/talk by Chase if you haven't seen that yet. He just used your code name though.  haha

One of the reasons I am partial to JWM is that I actually see ways I can replace some of my JSM projects and save Agent licenses!

Like # people like this
Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Remember, outside the Atlassian ecosystem, I'm just "the guy."  But I saw his shout-out - it made me laugh. Too bad he couldn't include the accompanying graphic:

51534b.jpg

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

HAHAHA - that's good. What will JWM look like?

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

I'm definitley looking forward to Team Central. 😍

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

I am looking forward to Jira Work Management, as Jira Core really needed a boost up to be more useful for Business teams.

Like John Funk likes this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

While I probably won't use it myself I'm intrigued by Compass.. 

As an IT person, I like the inter connectivity and the "one source" idea.

Like # people like this
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2021

Same here, I can see a lot of potential for this tool.

Like # people like this
Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 29, 2021

Jira Work Management is great! Lots of fabulous options.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 30, 2021

Great discussion topic @John Funk!

I'm still on the doorstep to start familiarising myself with all these new things. I'm sure that picking a favourite is strongly related to one's role.

I am really happy to see that Atlassian finally found a way to uplift Jira Core to something that has actually real value for business teams. JSW absolutely has a lot of things that actually fit with the way those teams work. So it definitely strengthens the narrative around Jira as a tool to support organisation wide collaboration.

As the shift from running projects to building products continues, I am also full of expectation about Product Discovery. It's a bit early for bold statements in my opinion, but really curious about that one.

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

I'm just now getting introduced to these and trying them out. I don't have a clear favorite yet, but I love the opportunity to participate in innovation.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 6, 2021

I definitely want to give Team Central and Jira Work Management a test drive :)
Hard to choose between them two while haven't spent some time with them - anyway, what was teasered during Team 21 looked very promising!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events