Team 21 Chapter: Digital Health and the New Impact of Being Always On (Fire)

I just watched my second Atlassian Team 21 session for the day and, Chirag Harendra, thank you! In this world gone wild, we are becoming more and more obsessed with the idea of always being available, responding with zero downtime, and have a level 9000 multitasking.

We are working remotely for more than a year, and we have experienced a fast-paced change to our work habits. In the beginning, we quickly adapted to working more independently as teams and individuals; we supported each other along the way and laughed at our funny workstations and pajamas. A few months later, the global network of remote workers is again anxious, miserable, and overwhelmed. 

Thanks to Adaptavist's Digital Etiquette Report 2020, we have metrics that show the pain points of today's way of work. Do you know that:

• On average, workers spend 45 minutes a day searching for information they need to do their jobs. To make matters worse, less than half have been given any training on how to use digital channels efficiently—stifling productivity and innovation;
  • For 42 percent of workers, the need to be ‘always on’ was the greatest source of stress in work-related communication;
  • The absence of casual meetings is leaving people frustrated and confused.

For 12 months, we saw the rise and fall of the remote era. It depends on us to fix the flaws, work our way back to being productive and take care of our (and our team's) wellbeing.

I highly recommend you to watch Chirag's session, focused on Teams & Culture, and create your plan for a better and healthier remote environment!

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 1.52.57 PM.png

💙

6 comments

Comment

Chirag Harendra April 29, 2021

Hi @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ thank you very much for your post about my talk. I'm happy to hear you found it useful, I hope others do so too and more importantly, try something new after watching it! 

Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Pleasure, @Chirag Harendra!

I find it extremely hard to find the proper work-life balance while being part of a big and loud distributed team. The Digital Etiquette Study is a great resource; thanks to the Adaptavist team for the good work! :)

Like Chirag Harendra likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Mental health in a work from home environment is definitely something to keep diligent about.

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Thanks for sharing this article, @Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_ ! Digital health is really a very important aspect to take care of, in this remote working environment. We are spending too much time on digital devices whether we are doing actual work or outside work hours. In long term, I feel it would lead to bad physical & mental health and loss of productivity.

Like # people like this
elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

This article is fantastic; I can't wait to share it with my leadership team. Thank you for giving us a few areas to focus on for helping our teams to become less stressed, more productive, and helping to prevent burnout. 

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 5, 2021

Thank you @Taranjeet Singh, @elizabeth_jones! 💙

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events