Team 2021 Q+A with Svenja Lorenzen

Team2021_Email1_Hero-update (1) (1).png

Svenja Lorenzen just gave a demo, Confluence Lifehack: One central hub for your self management, at Team 2021. 

Now's your chance to ask her any questions that came up in her talk, namely about how to be more productive using Confluence!

Svenja will be answering questions on Community until next Tuesday, May 4th, so add yours soon. If you don't have a question, add your #1 takeaway from this session in the comments below.

11 comments

Comment

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Bridget I would like to know if these features are already OOB or the upcoming from Svenja Lorenzen:

• Article/ page reading time
  • Scheduled blog posts publishing 
  • Can we allow external user(s) to post in confluence with them having access?

I slightly remember Scott mentioning about them in yesterday keynotes.

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Hi @G subramanyam,

I know that some of the features are on their way out. For example the "scheduled blog publishing" and the "page reading time". If you don’t see it on your Confluence Cloud instance today, it should come to your site soon. 

By the way, @Lingyang Zhu wrote an article about the scheduling feature that you can read here: Schedule now, publish later 

The external collaboration feature is in the works. According to the Confluence roadmap it will be shipped out Q2 2021.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Like # people like this
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Million thanks for the updates @Svenja Lorenzen

Like Svenja Lorenzen likes this
Martin Dusch April 30, 2021

Hi @Svenja Lorenzen, I really like the idea of self management in Confluence. I also tried some stuff already. But not yet happy with it. It is great that you are able to pull in tickets from Jira to own confluence dashboard. Do you have any experience for a personal Jira queue to manage own tasks? Smaller tasks are ok to be documented with a few words in Confluence but if you need to follow up longer it is not working well. And sometimes there is a point where you want to start sharing. If you would have a personal Jira ticket you would only need to move it into another open Jira project.

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2021

Hi @Martin Dusch,

I'm very happy that this demo session inspired you to try out different things in Confluence.

In my demonstration I shared project specific Jira queues idenpendently if I'm the assignee or not. This is because I wanted to have an overview of the current tasks that are going on in the project.

This can of course be shifted. For example you could write down the project name and underneath use the Jira macro with the query that only displays tickets that are assigned to you.

Here's an example:

Screenshot 2021-05-01 at 12.37.50.png

This is the associated query:

project = COMOOD and assignee = currentUser() and status = "To Do"

In this case you have a project specific overview on your dashboard in Confluence and you can easily switch to Jira to do further documentation or work on your task.

Let me know if this answer your question "Do you have any experience for a personal Jira queue to manage own tasks"?

Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2021

Hi @Bridget 

My questions:

You plan to improve the confluence statistics?

More functionalities to add colors, fonts, to make the design of the pages more user-friendly

Many thanks, cheers

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

The external collaboration is becoming increasingly important for my company. As the admin, it can be challenging to create many separated groups that develop into complex relationships over time as we extend availability to external contractors, vendors, and more. Really looking forward to the newest features to support this. 

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 4, 2021

One of my favourite demos! We've been heavy users of Confluence and always struggling with a proper dashboard, that's why I really liked this session. Our approach was to develop our own commercial app Dashboard Hub for Confluence. Still way to go but it's our main access point to Confluence now!

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2021

Hello @Vero Rivas,

I'll try to answer your questions. To do so, can you be more specific about what statistics do you mean? Currently you're able to view

• page views (in total and per user)
  • count of users (unique)
  • count of comments

All this data and be displayed within a certain timeframe or can be grouped by day, week, month or even hour.

Here's are two articles about the current possible insights:

1. Insights on pages 

2. Insights on spaces

To answer you second questions: I haven't heard of any possibilities to add more colors or fonts yet. But there are many ways to make pages more user friendly.

One handy macro on the marketplace, that I also demonstrated in my session is the "Macro Suite" by Caelor. With the app you can add lot's of design elements, for example:

• a panel
  • an image carousel
  • buttons
  • colorful divider
  • cards
  • countdowns

The app is free and you can check it out here: MacroSuite by Caelor 

Best, Svenja

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2021

Hi @elizabeth_jones,

I totally agree - I'm also very excited for the "External Collaboration" feature.

external-collaboration-confluence.png

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2021

Hi @Gorka Puente _Appfire_,

Thank you so much for your words! Pointing this session out as one of your favorites makes me jump!

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events