Did you mean:ย 

๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ Introduce yourself!

Viewing page 2 of 2

40 comments

Comment

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Hello Everyone!

I'm Jimmy from Guelph, Ontario Canada (I'm on the outskirts of Toronto).
I would for a Cyber-Security Company called Arctic Wolf Networks as the Atlassian Admin for the R&D teams.
In my spare time:

• I'm hiking with my two dogs, wife & 3 year old.
  • I'm working on the vegetable garden
  • I'm playing video games on Twitch for charity

I'm very excited to learn about all the new things coming in Jira Service Management. Our team has recently moved to JSM (with Premium) and we are looking at taking advantage of everything, Asset management through Insight, Opsgenie, etc.

Pics:

20200423_123257.jpg

20210420_164056.jpg

20210423_191124.jpg

My favorite GIF is this one:

Like โ€ข # people like this
Dave Snyder April 27, 2021

Hi Neighbour!  I'm just up (down?) the road in Alma.  Cheers!

Jimmy Seddon
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2021

Oh nice!  Great to meet you!

Like โ€ข John Funk likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Loving your son's hat - I need one of those!  :-)

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2021

Hi everyone,

WOW - I read through all your introductions and I love all the answers. Love seeing all the pets, and some travel pictures. 

Here's a little bit about myself:

I'm from 
... Germany. To be a little bit more precise from Lรผneburg in Lower Saxony. ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช 

I work

... for venITure - a Platinum Enterprise Solution Partner with the headquarter in Cologne.

In my free time
... I love to travel or discover new restaurants and cafรฉs. ๐Ÿฃ๐Ÿท I also enjoy going bouldering (climbing) ๐Ÿง—๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ and reading. ๐Ÿ“– 

I'm excited to learn
... about teams and culture and about how we can (re)think our work-life relationship. I also love to learn new things about Confluence and collaboration and can't wait for inspirations in terms of agility. 

Sharing with you a picture in front of the Victorian beach houses in Muizenburg Beach, False Bay.

IMG_0508.JPG

And lastly my GIF - I'm always the nerdy person in front of the computer who is making tons of notes and feels inspired by so many great speakers.

Harsha Nath Jha May 28, 2021

Holly place in India! Golden TempleDSC_0174.JPG

Like โ€ข KarenFlam likes this
Darryl Lee
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Weird. I could've sworn I posted this yesterday.

• Where you're from

Born and raised in Alameda, CA. Went to school about 5 hours south of there at UC Santa Barbara, where I worked for a bit. Moved back up to the Bay Area to work in Silicon Valleyโ„ข in 1996.

• Where you work

I'm actually between jobs.

• What you like to do in your free time

Crossword puzzles, snowboard, skateboard (carefully), Ultimate frisbee, reading.

• What you're excited to learn at Team 2021

While I've been working on Jira Server, Data Center, and Cloud for many many years, I've never actually had to migrate between on-prem to Cloud, so I'm going to watch some sessions about that. 

• Photos of your family, pets, favorite vacation, sourdough loaf, etc.

Despite living only 17 miles away, I'd never been to Levi's Stadium until Apr 1, when I got my first COVID vaccination shot. Here I am after my second one!

• Gifs to show your excitement about the upcoming event! 

Well now, who can forget this?

ezgif.com-gif-maker 9.47.16 AM.gif

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2021

Love to see "crossword puzzles" as something someone enjoys in their free time! I'm not good at crossword puzzles but I love Picross (Pixel Cross). โ˜บ๏ธ

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021
  • Where you're from - Idaho
  • Where you work - Washington
  • What you like to do in your free time - Spend time in the mountains
  • What you're excited to learn at Team 2021 - Product updates, how to make teams better, and other great Atlassian information
    excited-baby
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

That's beautiful area of the country!

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Hi @everyone or as we say here in Bavaria 'Servus' - happy to introduce me here ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Where you're from

Coming from Frankonia (which is more or less part of Bavaria) i now live in south of Bavaria in Rosenheim. This is near (or maybe next to?!?) the alps and the bavarian sea (real name would be 'Chiemsee'). This influences my free time activities - see this point! 

Where you work

Long story short - I worked (or am working until end of month) for a company that produces Decors for furnitures, floors aso (yes IKEA is a costumer) for over 5 years. My Atlassian adventure will lead me to XALT an Atlassian partner in Munich in May and I'm super excited about diving deeper into the Atlassian universe. Thanks to Atlassian community and community managers and community leaders ๐Ÿ’™ 

What you like to do in your free time

Many things - not enough time! Love hiking, climbing, biking, yoga, Haidong Gumdo (that's Korean Sword Fight), Perler Beads and of course video games ๐ŸŽฎ  & Lego 

2020-05-11 21.55.22-1.jpg

What you're excited to learn at Team 2021

Super excited about upcoming stuff, learn about products I normally don't use, meet others (even though it's just online) 

Photos Photos Photos

image4.jpeg

16483A0B-8C50-4173-A118-54A19D639C86.JPG

CBE8C5FC-4BE7-4FA5-9692-071663201AF4.JPG

Gifs to show your excitement about the upcoming event! 

giphy giphy

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

๐Ÿค” no idea why the first pic is upside down...

Deleted user April 28, 2021

Hi everyone, in the absence of a live event this year, I was happy when I came across this thread as a way to try to "meet" others in the Community! Nice to meet you all ๐Ÿ‘‹

Where you're from: Bristol, UK. I could go on and on about how great Bristol is. It's the home of Banksy, cider, and the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta!

bridge.jpeg

Where you work: For Atlassian Solution Partner / Marketplace Partner K15t, based in the south of Germany. We make great apps that extend Confluence and Jira functionality ๐Ÿ™Œ.

What you like to do in your free time: Find new places to walk with my dog โ€“ Germany is really beautiful ๐Ÿ˜ so there are many great places to explore around here.

What you're excited to learn at Team 2021: I am really excited to tune into the team and cloud-focused talks during the event. Cloud is such a hot topic at the moment and I want to learn more about how we can support our customers who are looking to migrate. And the team stuff is just relevant to us all! I am interested to see what the speakers have to say about the future of teamwork.

Photos of your family, pets, favorite vacation, sourdough loaf, etc: My dog who came from a Hungarian rescue center last year.

20210409_181636.jpg

Gifs to show your excitement about the upcoming event!: 

giphy.gif

Svenja Lorenzen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2021

Love the gif! Me and my notepad are ready! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿป

Like โ€ข Deleted user likes this
Fabrice Huart - NSI
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Hi the Community :),

Here is my brief presentation, see you soon for more in-depth discussions :)

Where you're from I'm from Tongeren, in Belgium.

In 10 BC. the Romans founded Tongeren.

Atuatuca Tungrorum was one of the main cities Northern Gaul.

Tongeren is the first and oldest city in Belgium

Where you work

It work at NSI (Platinum Partner), leading Atlassian partnership and a wonderful team :)

What you like to do in your free time

Cycling, Taebo, Playing videos games, meditating

What you're excited to learn at Team 2021

Everything is a good summary :)

Photos of your family, pets, favorite vacation, sourdough loaf, etc.

Ambiorix facing the basilica of Tongres

Ambiorix.jfif

Gifs to show your excitement about the upcoming event! 

tenor.gif

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2021
  • I am from Puerto Rico, though now I live in Florida.
  • Work at Satcom Direct as the Jira Admin.
  • In my free time I like to play games, read, watch movies.
  • For Team 21 I am trying to take as much in as I can, it is my first event like this. I was set to go to Summit last year, then tried to attend virtually, neither plan worked out, both due to the pandemic.
  • I'll come back to add pictures later. 
Nick Coates
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2021

Howdy!

I'm Nick and I can usually be found helping out in the Statuspage area on the Atlassian Community. I'm from a little village called Bishops Cleeve in Cheltenham, UK. Surrounded by beautiful hills.

I am responsible for Broadcom's Service Status platform, proudly powered by Atlassian Statuspage (customer for almost 6 years and counting). I sit within Broadcom's Software Group under Customer Success and have been working for Broadcom (Symantec until acquired) for 10 years this month!

In my free time I'm a Beaver Scout Leader and also working on a side project called incident.so.

I'm looking forward to finding out more about Team Central and Jira Service Management.

Have a good virtual Team '21!

scott_boisvert
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021
  • Where you're from
    • Columbus, OH
  • Where you work
    • Grange Insurance
    • Skiing, Mowing the Lawn, Home Improvement
    • New Features coming to Jira, Confluence, JSM
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

As a Grange customer, I am glad you are on the job.   :-)

Leslie Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2021

Hi everyone!! I love reading through all of these. Wish we could all be together in person!!

• Where you're from: I was born in Richmond, VA, moved to Southern California at two, moved to Berkeley for college and stayed in the Bay Area ever since. But I'll be moving to San Diego in June!! @Mark Livingstone - I'm coming to a San Diego ACE!
  • Where you work: I work for Atlassian! 
  • What you like to do in your free time: I got into walking this year. Sounds funny, but I didn't just walk around a lot before without having somewhere purposeful to go to, but now I walk just to get out. I also spend time playing board games with my two kids. 
  • What you're excited to learn at Team 2021: I'm really excited to hear from our customers - how they're using our products, how they are changing their culture and how they are unleashing the potential of their teams. 

excited seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Christine Byrer April 28, 2021

Hi, all my name is Christine!

• Where you're from
    • Born and raised in Indiana, currently live in California
  • Where you work
    • I work at 23andMe
    • I enjoy being outside as much as possible and a water person!  I'm going on a liveaboard scuba diving trip in St. Maarten/Saba/St. Kitts in June.
    • I'm a fairly new Jira Admin so looking forward to learning more about Atlassian Suite
    • 2017-11-03_21-18-29_000.jpegChico.jpgFlorida.jpg
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

What a beautiful sunset!

Isaac Trumbo April 28, 2021
  • Where you're from
    • Spain originally, now live in Los Angeles.
  • Where you work
    • Scopely - Mobile Games 
    • Swimming
    • Jira Work Management, Jira Data Center
    • 1609108792233.jpeg
    • giphy.gif
Like โ€ข John Funk likes this
Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Here goes!

• Where you're from: I born in the DC area but have lived inAtlanta, GA since I was 8 - so it is home.
  • Where you work: NASCO - Admin for all Atlassian on prem and cloud products, DevOps.  Also the Atlassian Atlanta Community Leader
  • What you like to do in your free time: I own a BBQ company as well, so I am always in the pits and making folks happy with my food.
  • What you're excited to learn at Team 2021: Roadmap to HIPAA compliance for Atlassian cloud applications. Point-A apps
  • Photos of your family, pets, favorite vacation, sourdough loaf, etc.: couple of pics
  • atl-aug-04242018.jpgATLANTA, GA plain (original) trim.png
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Thinking I need to make a road trip from Nashville!  ;-)

Where s the BBQ restaurant?

Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

come on @John Funk !  I'll have to do an ATL event and provide the grub and get you to come down.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Sounds good!! I will be there haha

JiraJared
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Hey y'all, I'm Jared, aka JiraJared

I'm from Melbourne Australia, and I recently become a father (for the second time). Now a proud daddy to a Daughter (3 yo) and Son (below)

Here I am representing Atlassian with my #bitbucket T-shirt!

Image from iOS.jpg

I'm glad I'm able to attend Team 21 this year, and looking forward the most to learning more about Cloud migrations (big Server/Data Center fan here)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events