If Team 2021 Were In Person, what's the absolute must that you would participate in/not miss?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

For me, I would be all over the Exhibit Hall. I really miss the interaction in person with the vendors and Atlassian Product teams. That's where my biggest gain in productivity has come from. 

9 comments

Comment

Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Ah, I bet there's no need for Team 2921 to be in person. In that year, we'll be able to cooperate without even leaving the bed! 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Ah, the dreaded typo haha. But that year's Team even will be LIT!  :-)

Like Velizar Borisov likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Damn (that you fixed it already)...  I was going to say "Teleportation between the various Team global sites (a different local cuisine in a different global city each evening)." 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Regardless of the year, the different worldly cuisine each night sounds like a fantastic idea! Actually each meal! hahaha

Like # people like this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

And that's not that hard to do in Vegas — as long as you're okay with the Americanized versions of international cuisine ;)   

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

No, we'll need native persons from that culture to prepare it  :-)

Linda Milne_Togetha Group_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
April 29, 2021

I like the original question. We'd all teleport in - being de-loused, disinfected and vaccinated on the way. Our in-eye heads up display would tell us where to find things and what was happening. And if we didn't have hover boards to get around with by then I would be seriously put out!

hoverboards.jpg

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Now a serious answer...

x2 on the Exhibit Hall but also in-person networking during the breaks, meals, activities, and in the halls.

Like # people like this
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

+1 for the exhibit hall. So much value in actually seeing products from the marketplace and also the Atlassian demos. Of course, the online product demos also work very well. In fact, it was very helpful to be able to pause and rewind during the demos as I took notes. The downside was not being able to ask questions real-time during or after the demos.

Like # people like this
Deepali Bagul April 29, 2021

+1 for Exhibit hall and also the in person networking during the breaks. I really miss the in person interaction and also it is of so much value in actually seeing the products from market place and those atlassian demos. Can directly get to meet the Atlassian developer for any issues experiencing and get to learn so much new.

Like John Funk likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Seeing people.  (Which primarily means the exhibit hall of course!)

Like Deepali Bagul likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Looking forward to meeting you in person one day, Nic. I will buy you a pint.   :-)

Rodney Nissen
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2021

Past Summits, I lived in the Exhibit Hall.  No shame, just truthiness.  And with as many connections as I've made in the Marketplace, I expect to be doubly true in the next in-person Team. 

But I also miss meeting with other people and seeing how they use Jira.  I learned so much just from listening to other people talk about their implementation around a lunch table.  Unfortunately, I don't think there's a good virtual substitute for that.

pailwhale April 30, 2021

I'm with @John Funk and @Rodney Nissen on this one. The more Summits I attend, the more I find myself in the exhibit hall bouncing between Atlassian product teams, the Support Bar, and Q&A with the exhibitors.

This is clear change from my first attendance where I was trying to catch every keynote and breakout session. Did anyone else experience this behavior shift?

I miss being able to kibitz with other users/customers, with the exhibitors, and with the speakers.

LarryBrock
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

Community Lounge, University Lounge, and vendor booths are my jam plus all the incredible unplanned "water cooler" conversations that happen.  Some of the most valuable info I've taken home from every conference I've attended has been come from random interaction with other attendees. Even found an super-star summer intern candidate, whom we later hired, at the very first Container Days conference. You never know what will happen!

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 3, 2021

+1 for the Exhibit hall. I learn so much by talking with the vendors and listening to the questions that others ask of the vendors. I love learning through use cases and that was a great way to imagine how I might put something into place in my org that didn't yet exist. I also made a few friends that I stay in touch with, even today. 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events