How many Atlassian conferences have you attended?

Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2021

Including Team 2021, how many Atlassian conferences will you have attended? And which one stands out or was your favorite?

I'm a rookie and Team 2021 will be my first! :)

23 comments

Comment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2021

@Anthony Doudt I never got a chance personally or officially to attend any such large-scale conferences before. I am in the same boat as yourself. Team '21 will be my first one as well.

Like # people like this
Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2021

Awesome! 

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2021

Hi Anthony,

I attended my first conference in Las Vegas in 2019 - my first and only in person one. 

Then last year was my second - and first virtual one. 

And very excited to attend this year's!

2019 definitely stands out because it was my first, and there were so many connections and conversations that I got to have. It was fun to be with so many like minded people!

Like # people like this
Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2021

Yeah, probably not fair to compare a virtual one with in-person. lol

Like # people like this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2021

@Anthony Doudt - First time's a charm!

I've attended at least three Summits/Teams, maybe four?

Like # people like this
Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2021

@Dave Liao watch out, you've attended so many you're starting to lose track! :) 

Like Dave Liao likes this
Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2021

@Anthony Doudt - it's hard to keep track of what day it is, during a pandemic, much less recall where I was this time last year. 😆

Like Anthony Doudt likes this
Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2021

So very true!

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2021

2016 was my one and only. I wish I could attend them all. It was such an important experience for me. 

Like # people like this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2021

I've been here a while, so there's been a few, and my memory isn't fantastic.

2013 was my first Summit, and I've been to all of them since, so that's 9 (7 US, 2 Europe), then there's the London and Amsterdam parts of the Team Tours. 

They've all been good, but it's hard to say "best" - 2013 stands out as my first of course, but the one where the Community was (re)launched was most notable.

There was also 2017, where a few of us did a road-trip, driving from San Diego up to San Jose the week before Summit!

I've lost count of the ACE's over the last 15 years.

Like # people like this
Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2021

That road trip up the coast sounds awesome! 

Dave
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2021

I joined Atlassian in 2018 and the 2019 Summit was my first Atlassian conference. We launched Portfolio 3.0 on Server (now Advanced Roadmaps) and it was an awesome experience. I was really excited for 2020 (when we would have announced Portfolio 3.0 coming from Server to Cloud as Advanced Roadmaps and it was a huge pity that it had to become remote. 

The world is a crazy place at the moment and I hope we can get back to some kind of "normal" where in-person conferences are something we can do again. I just consider myself fortunate to have been to Summit 2019 but I'm confident that Team 21 is going to be an incredible remote experience!

Regards,

Dave

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2021

This would be my first Summit as well 😃

Like # people like this
Teodora _Old Street Solutions_Tempo_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2021

Since 2016, I haven't missed an Atlassian event. So many good memories of going to Atlassian conferences. :)

I hope things return to normal soon and we all explore live Summits again 🙏

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2021

Yeah agreed, wish to explore Live Summit

Velizar Borisov
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 6, 2021

The best one was the combined Summit + Camp event at Barcelona.

It was during 2017 for a week and I remember meeting people from all around the world and from different industries.  

Like # people like this
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 15, 2021

2019 in Las Vegas was my first Summit. In 2018 I've been in Barcelona, but only for Partner Day/Community Leader Workshop, so this counts only half.

Next to this, I've been on one or two Team Tour Events.

As 2019 was the first and only one I could attend completely, that's the one remembered most.

Like # people like this
Jeff Thomas
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2021

I think I've been to 8 so far, from San Francisco to San Jose to Barcelona to Las Vegas to virtual. 

Every year I've always been impressed with the improvements that our Events team is able to make as well as how smoothly everything runs. It's hard to pick out one that stands out, but one highlight was helping run ShipIt Live for 3 years and being up on the stage to MC the presentations.

It's also been a joy to meet some many different people from all over the world that are share a similar passion for teamwork and Atlassian products. 

Like # people like this
Kim Wall
Atlassian Team
April 16, 2021

Oooh, fun question! I went to a couple as a customer/community leader and then as an Atlassian.

My first was Summit 2013 and I've attended every year since including San Francisco, San Jose, Barcelona, Vienna, Vegas, and Virtual! (If you include Open events, which you should because they've been awesome laugh)

I'm impressed every single year with how much attention to detail is paid to make the events engaging and valuable to both customers and Atlassians alike. 

Somehow our events team manages to bottle the spirit and values inside of Atlassians walls and share it with our customers during these events and it's truly inspiring to see. 

Like # people like this
Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2021

I give ALL the respect to the events team that puts together these large-scale events. It really feels like some sort of magic. 

Like John Funk likes this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 17, 2021

My first summit was back in 2015, which was opened by Mike and Scott disguised as Daft Punk. I only missed one since.

That very first still is the one I remember most of, as it was a really overwhelming experience. Next times that changes a bit, as you have a better idea of what to expect. But by now I have met so many people all over the globe that I can more or less only meet again at Summit. So I am really looking forward to the moment when we'll be able to do that again!

Like # people like this
Anthony Doudt
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2021

I've heard about the 'Daft Punk' event! That sounds pretty epic. :) 

Like Phill Fox likes this
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZndL2BNlCvM for the morning after stretches with Daft and Punk...

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

Only missed a couple since they first started and adding in other Atlassian group events like Open, Team Tours etc. I reckon I am just in double figures. 

Whilst the first will always be most memorable for the obvious reasons. I would also put the first European Summit up high as it was so great to meet folks from across Europe (and beyond) who might not have made it to the US. 

Whatever event it is you are pretty much guaranteed a great time. 

Dave Snyder April 26, 2021

This will be my second.  Had an amazing time in Barcelona in 2018!  Well worth the trip across the 'pond' to network and even meet some co-workers F2F for the first time.

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 26, 2021

I attended 2 in-person Atlassian Summits. One in San Jose and the second one in Vegas.

I keep repeating myself I miss the in-person. It is becoming a vacation time for me. I learn and get to see lot of people from all over the world.

V
Atlassian Team
April 26, 2021

Hey Y'all, 

I'm Vidhu, Product Manager at Atlassian looking after Search and Smarts Platform. I've had the humbling opportunity to attend all Summits since 2016 (I joined) and meeting many of you in person. For me the most memorable Summit has been the one in Barcelona 2018 - Also happens to be my first Spain visit! 🥳

I look forward to Atlassian Team 21 and hope to connect with many of you and learn from your diverse experiences.

I do pray you & your loved ones - stay safe during these unprecedented times !
Cheers... See you soon! 

G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Hi @Anthony Doudt this is my first event and feeling excited given the energy, planning, direction and tremendous efforts by Atlassian team.

Esther Strom
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 27, 2021

Counting this year, it will be 4. San Jose and Barcelona in person, plus last year and this year virtual. 

I found my first one in San Jose to be very overwhelming, but learned a ton. I loved Barcelona; I reminded myself that I didn't have to go to all of the sessions; just the ones that would be the most helpful. And Barcelona! It was my first trip outside the U.S. since 1996, and I only wish I'd had more time to spend.

Like Dave likes this
David Wuth
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2021

This will be #4 for me. Virtual Summit last year, Vegas 2019 (my fav), and San Jose in 2017, IIRC.

Ulrika Eriksson April 28, 2021

Team'21 is my fifth Atlassian Summit event. But I have also attended local Teams event in Stockholm.

The first time in San Jose 2016 was special and of course the other are great to. A great way to gather new information and get a lot of inspiration! 

nina_schmidt
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Vienna Open in 2019 and last years virtual summit :-)

Jayesh Baviskar
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 28, 2021

Hi @Anthony Doudt ,

It is my first one, & very much excited to attend it.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events