Atlassian's Approach to a Post-Pandemic Workplace

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 3, 2021

I found this session very relatable. As a member of my company's Leadership team, I remember the planning, the questions, and the anxiety around the shift from co-located teams to a remote workforce. Even more relatable was one of the speaker's dropping from the call, mid-discussion. This is happened to me numerous times over the course of the past year. Now that folks in the U.S are receiving vaccinations, and businesses are beginning to re-open, we are planning to remain a hybrid work force. Some folks, who choose to, can expect to have the opportunity to work in a scaled down office, and remaining at home for the foreseeable future. One of the largest challenges we had was around equipment. Shipping laptops, monitors, etc. The learnings from the early stages of the transition to working from home have been instrumental in helping us widen our horizons, and bring in talent from all over the US and support them. What are some of the early learnings that came in the initial transition to remote work that will help you or your company continue to grow and embrace a distributed work force in the post-pandemic era. 

1 comment

Comment

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2021

I agree, @elizabeth_jones . Personally I prefer to work in an office surrounded by teammates and friends, but after the experience these last year and a half, I acknowledge the opportunities to widen horizons and to create more diverse teams, with the flexibility that people need. And today's technology enable teams to do so effectively.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events