Atlassian Team 2021 Q+A with Christian Stovall

Team2021_Email1_Hero-update (1) (1).png

Hello Community!

Christian just gave a talk, ALSAC/St. Jude’s growth equation = user research + teamwork, at Team 2021. 

Few activities are more significant than ensuring teams can work together to achieve goals. Attendees came away from this session with a deeper understanding of how Atlassian tools can help organizations of any size fulfill their missions. (St. Jude's mission just happens to be finding cures for cancer, NBD).

Christian will be hanging out on Community until next Tuesday, May 4th, to answer all the questions you have for them about his talk! And if you don't have any questions, feel free to drop your biggest takeaway from this session in the comments below.

5 comments

Comment

Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

@Bridget  do you mean here? 

Like # people like this
Bridget
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
April 28, 2021

@Gonchik Tsymzhitov this is a good place to drop any questions you might have for Christian!

Like # people like this
pailwhale April 29, 2021

Hi @Bridget , thanks for playing moderator. I have a question for Christian:

Did ALSAC/St. Jude have Jira+Confluence before you arrived? Your talk mentioned they used this tool for 15 years but I was curious if it was incumbent or if you had to advocate for the purchase/implementation.

I really learning about the various integrations your team employ on your instance, did you have issues justifying the purchase of Atlassian Marketplace add-ons? I struggled with that in the past as several integrations would only be used by a small set of users, but we had to pay based on the instance size. Was curious how ALSAC/St.Jude managed the financial part of integrating the integrations.

Thanks again for your talk, I enjoyed this as well as your April 20 livestream with Leisa (didn't know the concept of "social-desirability bias" until that day!)

Like # people like this
Christian Stovall April 29, 2021

Hi @pailwhale, Our instances of Confluence and Jira, including add-ons, were easy for us because Atlassian donates their software to non-profit organizations, and we're a non-profit. This means we only have to invest in administration, training, and support. We're grateful to Atlassian for their tremendous generosity because it means more fundraising dollars can go to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

I appreciate you watching the talks. And biases are useful to know because they're everywhere all the time. This is our team's favorite diagram about them.

It sounds like you're enjoying the conference. I hope you enjoy the rest!

Like Kelly Drozd likes this
pailwhale May 2, 2021

Lots of food for thought - thank you @Christian Stovall  for the detailed responses, much appreciated!

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events