Atlassian Team 2021 Q+A with Charlotte Nicolaou and Hakan Bahadir

Team2021_Email1_Hero-update (1) (1).png

Hello Community members! 

Charlotte and Hakan just gave a talk, Boosting ITSM with asset and configuration management in Jira Service Management, at Team 2021. 

In this session, listeners learned how to use in-app demonstrations to show how Insight can help you manage assets effectively, quickly troubleshoot incidents, minimize the impact of changes, and streamline the handling of requests.

Now's your chance to ask them any questions that came up during their presentation! 

If you don't have a question, feel free to post your #1 takeaway in the comments below. Charlotte and Hakan will be around to answer your questions until Tuesday, May 4th ... so act quickly! 

12 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

Hi Charlotte and Hakan - thanks for the talk! And just a quick question on Opsgenie. Do you know how we can tell which version of Opsgenie we currently have? The levels don't align with JSM levels and it no longer appears anywhere in our billing information. I need more licenses, but not sure what to ask for. 

Vergel Verceles April 28, 2021

Hi there, I just watched the Demo for Jira ITSM and since we're on the cloud plan, I'm guessing that Insight is not included on the Standard Plan?

Like Bridget likes this
Charlotte Nicolaou
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

Hi @Vergel Verceles , yes, that's correct. Insight is only available on Premium and Enteprise plans. 

Hi @John Funk I'm afraid I'm not super knowledgable with Opsgenie but my colleague is so I'll get an answer from her today and let you know :) 

Another question I've received is: How can we move an o
bject type into their own Object Schemas, without losing the unique identifier link. Is there something we can do on the database level. 

@Hakan Bahadir if you can take a look at that one when you get a moment that would be great. They are using the Insight cloud standalone app and I believe this is a stop gap. 

Like # people like this
Hakan Bahadir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2021

Hello @Charlotte Nicolaou , Insight Cloud marketplace application does not have a DB interface (only the Data Center version has). Cheers 

Like # people like this
Kevin Thibeault April 29, 2021

Hello @Charlotte Nicolaou 

I just watched your Breakout session on Insight within Jira Service Management. Thank you for a great topic.

2 questions. First. My company is running JSM Data Center. I'm guessing that your three demos were on the cloud version. Is there a big difference between the cloud and data center versions? 

Second, I'm new to Jira and would like to get my Asset management program up and running smoothly. Any resources that I can access from Atlassian to help me on my journey? 

Thank you in advance. 

Like Bridget likes this
Charlotte Nicolaou
Atlassian Team
April 30, 2021

Hi @John Funk , so the OG details should be available from Billing or from the General Settings pages but you need to be the Owner of your OG site to view them I believe. 

However, I think because OG is now included as part of JSM plans, it may not show which OG plan you have (as your JSM plan determines your OG plan even if the levels aren't called the same thing). Which JSM plan are you on?

Hi @Kevin Thibeault 

Happy to answer your questions. 

1. Yes, I did show Cloud in my demos, but Insight for Data Center is actually our most complete Insight offering. The biggest difference in how they work is with the automations. Insight for DC uses post-functions and 'Insight specific' automations. But it's just as powerful. 

You can see a breakdown here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-the-differences-between-insight-in-cloud-and-server/

2. The best resources I can recommend are:

Insight Getting Started Guide - DC - includes some videos

Asset and Configuration Handbook  - gives ideas and best practices on how to implement asset and config management. Not Insight specific but hopefully helpful. 

Walkthrough of an example Insight structure 

I hope that helps you getting started :) 

Charlotte

Like # people like this
Kevin Thibeault April 30, 2021

@Charlotte Nicolaou  Thank you for the information and resources. Very helpful. 

Like Bridget likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2021

@Charlotte Nicolaou  - We are on Premium JSM

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 11, 2021

Hi @Charlotte Nicolaou  - Just checking in on this. We have JSM Premium but we cannot see Opsgenie under billing at all - it is never mentioned. 

And on another note - do you know a timeframe for when the API will be available for the integrated Insight product? Maybe at least a rough estimate - in a month, in a quarter, end of year, etc.? 

Charlotte Nicolaou
Atlassian Team
May 17, 2021

Hi @John Funk , apologies for my slow reply, I've been on vacation. 
I believe my colleague Kate has answered your question on OG on a different thread (she's the one I would ask too as she's the OG expert around these parts!). 

Regarding the timeframe for the API we are talking months and I'm personally hoping for weeks :)

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 17, 2021

@Charlotte Nicolaou  - Thanks for the update! Yes Kate answered my other question for me.  :-)

Andrey Kiyanovskiy December 12, 2021

Hi @Charlotte Nicolaou

thank you for the great demo! I'm actively looking into Insight best practices and have some questions.

1. If we manage software licenses and assigning them to specific users, how can we create a purchase request to via automation based on how many free licenses left? For example, if we have 100 licenses and there are left < 10, we need to create the purchase request. In particular, I don't want to have the number of free licenses to be stored in the License object as a number. I want this number to be automatically calculated based on the linked User objects, maybe with a specific link type.

2. I'm looking at best practices for designing object types and relationships in CMDBs. Could you please suggest some reading?

Thank you in advance!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events