Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Atlassian Team 2021 Q+A with Charlotte Nicolaou and Hakan Bahadir

Team2021_Email1_Hero-update (1) (1).png

Hello Community members! 

Charlotte and Hakan just gave a talk, Boosting ITSM with asset and configuration management in Jira Service Management, at Team 2021. 

In this session, listeners learned how to use in-app demonstrations to show how Insight can help you manage assets effectively, quickly troubleshoot incidents, minimize the impact of changes, and streamline the handling of requests.

Now's your chance to ask them any questions that came up during their presentation! 

If you don't have a question, feel free to post your #1 takeaway in the comments below. Charlotte and Hakan will be around to answer your questions until Tuesday, May 4th ... so act quickly! 

8 comments

John Funk Community Leader Apr 28, 2021

Hi Charlotte and Hakan - thanks for the talk! And just a quick question on Opsgenie. Do you know how we can tell which version of Opsgenie we currently have? The levels don't align with JSM levels and it no longer appears anywhere in our billing information. I need more licenses, but not sure what to ask for. 

Hi there, I just watched the Demo for Jira ITSM and since we're on the cloud plan, I'm guessing that Insight is not included on the Standard Plan?

Like Bridget likes this

Hi @Vergel Verceles , yes, that's correct. Insight is only available on Premium and Enteprise plans. 

Hi @John Funk I'm afraid I'm not super knowledgable with Opsgenie but my colleague is so I'll get an answer from her today and let you know :) 

Another question I've received is: How can we move an o
bject type into their own Object Schemas, without losing the unique identifier link. Is there something we can do on the database level. 

@Hakan Bahadir if you can take a look at that one when you get a moment that would be great. They are using the Insight cloud standalone app and I believe this is a stop gap. 

Like # people like this

Hello @Charlotte Nicolaou , Insight Cloud marketplace application does not have a DB interface (only the Data Center version has). Cheers 

Like # people like this

Hello @Charlotte Nicolaou 

I just watched your Breakout session on Insight within Jira Service Management. Thank you for a great topic.

2 questions. First. My company is running JSM Data Center. I'm guessing that your three demos were on the cloud version. Is there a big difference between the cloud and data center versions? 

Second, I'm new to Jira and would like to get my Asset management program up and running smoothly. Any resources that I can access from Atlassian to help me on my journey? 

Thank you in advance. 

Like Bridget likes this

Hi @John Funk , so the OG details should be available from Billing or from the General Settings pages but you need to be the Owner of your OG site to view them I believe. 

However, I think because OG is now included as part of JSM plans, it may not show which OG plan you have (as your JSM plan determines your OG plan even if the levels aren't called the same thing). Which JSM plan are you on?

Hi @Kevin Thibeault 

Happy to answer your questions. 

1. Yes, I did show Cloud in my demos, but Insight for Data Center is actually our most complete Insight offering. The biggest difference in how they work is with the automations. Insight for DC uses post-functions and 'Insight specific' automations. But it's just as powerful. 

You can see a breakdown here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/what-are-the-differences-between-insight-in-cloud-and-server/

2. The best resources I can recommend are:

Insight Getting Started Guide - DC - includes some videos

Asset and Configuration Handbook  - gives ideas and best practices on how to implement asset and config management. Not Insight specific but hopefully helpful. 

Walkthrough of an example Insight structure 

I hope that helps you getting started :) 

Charlotte

Like # people like this

@Charlotte Nicolaou  Thank you for the information and resources. Very helpful. 

Like Bridget likes this
John Funk Community Leader May 01, 2021

@Charlotte Nicolaou  - We are on Premium JSM

Comment

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you