๐Ÿ’™ How to: Connect with a local ACE (or virtual event)

Cassie Mayes
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 14, 2021
Hey Speaker Bench,
Have you heard of Atlassian Community Events or ever wondered how to get plugged in? ๐Ÿ”Œ It's a great way to network and practice your presentations skills. ๐ŸŽค
From newbie to advanced, ACEs are a great way to meet other customers using Atlassian products. People all over the world come together to network (virtually and in-person), share ideas, solve problems, and get expert tips on Atlassian products.
How do you get involved in speaking at an ACE? I'm glad you asked!
  1. Go to ace.atlassian.com and view the Upcoming Events
  2. You can search by city, Event type, and Event tags
  3. Click "View Details" on the event you're interested in speaking at
  4. Scroll to the "Contact the Host" button and this will put you in touch with the Atlassian Community Leader who hosts the events
  5. Let them know you're interested in presenting at that event, or a future event. They'll be happy to have volunteer presenters!

It's that easy! If you have any trouble getting in contact with the host, please comment here and I can help out with that.

P.S. Even if you're not interested in speaking at a community event, we still encourage you to attend one and check it out. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Cassie

9 comments

Comment

Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 14, 2021

Hi Cassie, 

thanks for sharing - my own experience is that the "contact the host" form does not yield any replies or responses by the host(s) or the ACE system in general.

I've tried about 10 or so ACE groups and filled out the contact host form without a single reply or notification.

What happens after the form submission? Perhaps there's a little glitch that's gone unnoticed?

Kind regards, Ulrich

Like โ€ข # people like this
Cassie Mayes
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 15, 2021

Hey @Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_ ! Thanks for flagging. The email is sent to a distribution email that is created for their specific city. Is there a city you're interested in getting in touch with? I can certainly assist since you're having trouble. :)

In the meantime, I'm going to investigate why you're not getting responses.

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2021

ACE Rotterdam responds to 100% of our Contact The Host queries... so for us it is definitely working!

We do A LOT of virtual ACES (even before Corona pandemic) so if you want to come speak, get in contact @Ulrich Kuhnhardt _IzymesCo_ ! ๐Ÿ˜Š

https://ace.atlassian.com/rotterdam/

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2021

We are always looking for Speakers for our Virtual ACEs, attended by peeps across the Globe!

https://ace.atlassian.com/rotterdam/

As an example of what our Virtual ACEs are like, this event had Atlassian themselves chime in from West Coast, PTC from Boston MA and TIG from The Netherlands... and our 40+ participants were from all over the place! ๐Ÿ˜€
https://ace.atlassian.com/events/details/atlassian-rotterdam-presents-confluence-healthy-collaboration-to-get-work-done/

Cassie Mayes
Community Manager
August 16, 2021

I love this! It's giving me an idea to round up a bunch of ACE Leaders who want speakers and create a discussion in this group w/ that list and their Bevy chapter link! So people know who they can reach out to <3 

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 18, 2021

I love that! DO IT! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ‘

Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 16, 2022

Thank you @Fun Man Andy for your prompt response. Look forward to working with you.

Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2021

We are looking for Speakers for our Virtual ACEs and Physical events attended by people across the Globe!

https://ace.atlassian.com/rotterdam/https://ace.atlassian.com/ilorin-trello-events/

Please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Cheers

Elizabeth Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 27, 2022

Hello All! The Denver, Colorado ACE is seeking a speaker for our upcoming events. I'd love to find a speaker for March, but we have opportunities every month if you'd prefer to join us at a later date. 

https://ace.atlassian.com/denver/

Please let me know if you have any interest in joining us for a chat. thanks!

Like โ€ข ragni_chawla likes this
Karim ABO HASHISH
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2022

Thanks @Cassie Mayes for the empowerment

Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 4, 2023

Great idea and great work of connecting aspiring speakers to the ACEs, @Cassie Mayes!

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 5, 2023

Hoping to be connected as a local ACE Leader soon - this will be helpful for future reference!

Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 24, 2023

If anyone is in the south of the UK and wishes to speak at future Southampton ACE or Portsmouth ACE events let me know.

Like โ€ข John Funk likes this
Joydeep Ghatak February 13, 2024

Thank you @Cassie Mayes, this is such a great and informative post. 

I have just joined the Atlassian journey and I find this post is extremely valuable to my learning journey. 

Thank you again for the post!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events