RSVP for Fail Tales, a storytelling event on July 26

Hey Speaker Bench!

We're hosting an informal storytelling event in collaboration with Teamwork Lab to celebrate failure.

Save the date for July 26 (10a PT / 7pm CET / 10:30 PM IST), where we will hear three vulnerable stories from a few familiar faces on the Atlassian Community!

What is Fail Tales?

We are holding a celebration of failure. An event that uses the intimacy of storytelling to change attitudes towards trying new things, change beliefs about ourselves, and ultimately, change the culture of work.

Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 7.44.14 AM.png

Come to hear three vulnerable stories about managing failure, and stay to ask questions and contribute to a community of learning.

Our speakers include:

• @Matt Doar - Some pride, some prejudice: "I knew I could migrate those Jira issues, so why did they mess me up?"

• @Anita Kalmane - Once upon a time, I signed up our company to cooperate with an external party where we'd invite teenagers to our company and show them how it is to work for an IT department, so they'd gain interest in studying anything engineering related. Sounds easy, right? Well, it didn't go as smoothly as I expected...

• @Ashley Faus - Have you ever fought hard to bring in a new tool to support a big initiative? What happens when it flops? Ashley will share her take-aways from trying, and failing, to create change across multiple teams.

Come to cheer on these brave souls, and let's pursue a new frontier of how we work through hearing these stories. See you on July 26!

5 comments

Comment

Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

This sounds great! 

Like # people like this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2022

@Sharon Tan - is there an invite that is sent after the RSVP? I didn't receive one. 

Like Sharon Tan likes this
Sharon Tan
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
July 8, 2022

Hi @Summer_Hogan ! You should see an email confirmation titled "Confirmation: You've registered for an Atlassian Community Event" with an option to add the event to your calendar. Mind checking spam? It should come from <no-reply [at] atlassiancommunity.com> 🙂 Looking forward to seeing you there!

Like Summer_Hogan likes this
Summer_Hogan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 8, 2022

@Sharon Tan yes, I found it! Thanks so much! 

Ami Chitwood November 7, 2022

I was so sorry to miss this - Is there another "Fail Tales" session scheduled?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events