apps and atlassian access during migration testing

Jeff Bast April 22, 2022

If I install apps in cloud when testing my migration from server to cloud that has free cloud license for duration of migration, how do I get same duration of free licenses for my marketplace apps and Atlassian access?

2 comments

Comment

Derek White April 22, 2022

We simply request our CMM to handle that.

If you don't have a CMM, open a migration support ticket.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2022

@Jeff Bast -

Welcome to the community.  If you go to the marketplace, you will be able to down load the free trial of add-ons.  It is my understanding, Cloud add-on's trail is usually just for 30 days.  

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

It's not "30 days", it's through the current and next billing cycle. So, 30-60 days.

However, like I said, Atlassian is usually willing to extend the App trials to match the Cloud (migration 1-year) trial, but you have to contact them.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2022

@Derek White -

Thanks.  What I am referring is marketplace third party add-ons.  I believe @Jeff Bast is asking about the third party add-ons and not Jira software/JSM cloud trial process.

Best, Joseph

Yes, I know.

Marketplace Apps have a "current & next billing period" trial on Cloud, by default.

If you are doing a migration (JCMA/CCMA/BCMA), when you create your Cloud site you get a 1 year trial for that Cloud product/site.

You then install a Cloud app and it has a trial through the next billing cycle (usually around 30-60 days).

Then, you contact your CMM (or open a Migration Support ticket) and request the Apps trials be extended to match the product/site's trial. They will usually accommodate this request.

Jeff should do this.

Like Erik Mathijs likes this
Josh Harris
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2022

Hi @Jeff Bast & @Derek White 

My name is Josh Harris, and I am a Cloud Migrations Manager here at Atlassian. 

I'm hoping to share some information on the free cloud trail limits, as well as the extension criteria for 3rd party applications.

There are two different type of Cloud trial sites; Cloud Migration Trials (CMTs) & Free Cloud Trials.

A Cloud Migration Trial allows you test Atlassian cloud, free of charge, for as long as your current Server/DC license is active for. For example, if your server maintenance for Jira Software runs through August, 2022 then you will have a CMT available until August, 2022. There is currently a promotion where if you claim a CMT by May 15th, then the trial can be active for up-to 1-year, which is what I believe Derek is referring to.

Free Cloud Trials are 7 (Premium/Enterprise) or 30 day (Standard) trial sites where you can activate Atlassian cloud products to test functionality and other features for a limited time. These sites can be extended upon request to 30-60 days by either reaching out to the Customer Advocacy team through our contact portal, or by reaching out to a CMM if you are working with one.

For 3rd party applications, you can take out a 30-day trial of an app directly from the Marketplace. To extend these apps past 30-days, we first require a confirmation from the vendor which can usually come in the form of a screenshot. Once you have that confirmation, feel free to open up a CA ticket, or work with your CMM,to request those applications extended another 30 days.

Throughout this process, if there are specific dates you are hoping to have the sites/products/apps extended to (within reason of the 30-day window), please include that information in the extension ticket or while working with your CMM.

Best,
Josh Harris | Cloud Migrations Manager

Like Derek White likes this
Derek White April 27, 2022

Hi Josh, good to see you here!

Thanks for the clarification on the CMT promotion. I did know that at one point, but it had since slipped my mind.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events