Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New URL required for Atlassian Migration?

Stephen French June 29, 2021

Hi

First time here.  We are hoping to do a server to Cloud Migration for our Jira, Wiki and ProjectWiki.

We have accessed our migration tool, however I'm confused with the free migration trial based on our current just renewed licenses giving us up to 12 months access/trial.

The question I have is that it requests you to enter a "new" url (yoursitename.atlassian.net) 

Do we have to enter a new URL or use our current one?

If we do enter a new url does the cloud site still retain all the links to the pages within?

2 comments

Comment

Miles B.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 6, 2021

Hi @Stephen French - check out this tutorial on the Cloud Migration Trials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp1dBw9sJos

Around the 5min mark it talks about how you can apply the Cloud Migration Trial to an existing cloud site URL (assuming it's on a normal trial/free plan). It's recommended that whatever URL you enter is the one you plan to keep as your eventual production instance after the migration. 

Like Charlie Misonne likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2021

For sure choose a new URL. Ideally you would be able to change it later. It can be with assistance from Atlassian Support but there are limits to that as I understand.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events