Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Can I host JIRA in my own (private) cloud?

In view of End support for all server products in 2024, I want to move my JIRA services (server) into my private cloud.

Is this supported?

I only see Atlassian Cloud (which is their cloud infra) but I want to host it in my own cloud infra.

3 answers

3 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Phill Fox Community Leader Oct 18, 2020

@Koh Tze Hong Atlassian are ending support for the server on premise products but are continuing to support the Data Center versions which you could deploy in your own cloud infrastructure. 

Hello @Koh Tze Hong ,

And thank you @Phill Fox,  for the answer.  I just wanted to add on to this answer with some details on the options for setting up Data Center Locally or Hosted covered in the Jira Data Center documentation

This Documentation space covers all the details of the Infrastructure layout requirements (Load balancer, Cluster Nodes, and a shared DB with a shared filesystem) and recommendations on the configurations for setting up the cluster locally, as well as guides for setting up on AWS and Azure with access to the configuration templates for the hosting options:

We also provide guides to help you understand how to quickly deploy this architecture on AWS and Azure:

Regards,
Earl

Like LarryBrock likes this
2 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Oct 19, 2020

Hi Koh,

there have been some good answers from Phill and Diego. Running your Jira servers with the latest version that will be available in 2024 will be ok from a plain technical view.
Security vulnerabilities that will be discovered afterwards cannot be mitigated, though - therefore this approach must be considered carefully.

Not being able to raise a support request with Atlassian after February 2024 is another topic (as Diego already said).

Cheers,
Daniel

2 votes
Answer accepted

We are hosting JIRA Server in our own private cloud, and will be continuing to do so after last week's announcement.

Server licenses are lifetime, so you could do this with your current license, on your own private cloud. However, support will end as per the announcement, so be prepared for that.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events