Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian products and user merge and consolidation

Alessandro Filisetti January 3, 2022

Hi, in my company we are planning a migration from the three cloud organizations to one. I have read tons of material on that, but it seems I am not able to figure out the overall picture.

The problem is the following: we would need to migrate and consolidate three Atlassian sites in three organizations into one, to be more specific:

• Organization 1: site org1.atlassian.net, products: JIRA, Confluences, Trello, Bitbucket, users <= 10
  • Organization 2: site org2.atlassian.net, products: JIRA, Confluence, users <= 10
  • Organization 3: site org3.atlassian.net, products: JIRA, confluence users <= 10

We need to migrate, merge and consolidate everything under org3.
Users are partially overlapping with distinct emails (e.g. user1@org1.com, user1@org2.com and user1@org3.com should be merged into user1@org3.com)
What is the right strategy for the overall migrations? I assume two steps: a product transfer first and then a site-to-site migration once every product (site) is in the same organization. Is that right? And what about the users?

thanks in advance, 

Alessandro 

1 answer

Suggest an answer

5 votes
Abraham Durrant January 4, 2022

@Alessandro Filisetti 

This is not an "simple" migration.

I would recommend reaching out to an Atlassian Partner for assistance to do this merge. 

https://partnerdirectory.atlassian.com/

I know that isn't the solution you were asking for - but these type of migrations/merges are complicated and are not easily explained in a simple post.

I hope that helps!

Abe

Alessandro Filisetti October 28, 2022

@Abraham Durrant , 

First of all, thanks for having replied to me. We successfully migrated everything with a dedicated project and different steps.

- Company-managed projects have been successfully migrated.  

- Team-managerd projects have been re-created and issue exported/reimported

- Duplicated users consolidated under a single user and issues reassigned (as reporter, assignee and reviewer)

- Unique users have changed their mail with the official one. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events