Why is TablePlus not formatting my column widths in Confluence 5.1.3?

Eric Hansen July 12, 2013

I recently upgraded from 4.x to 5.1.3 and I cannot get the TablePlus macro to work any more.

I have tried all the following in the column Attributes text box in the macro page:

style="width:170px;",style="width:170px;"

style=width:170px;,style=width:170px;

style=width:50%;,style=width:50%;

style=width:50%,style=width:50%

and even the one in the product documentation where the location of the quote marks seem very odd to me: (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/TBL/How+to+control+table+column+width)

style="width:170px;",style=width:170px;"

All the other paramters for the macro are the defaults when creating the new TablePlus macro. No matter what I have tried, the table always resizes to widths based on the amount of text I enter into the column. Also, I tried to uncheck the 'enable column sorting' and the colums are still sortable. I'm getting the feeling that the version I have is not compatible with 5.1.3

Version: 5.5.4
Developer: Bob Swift Software, LLC

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Eric Hansen September 14, 2013

Thank you Deividi for the suggestion. I rechecked the problem before contacting/upgrading... and the column widths were working (magic). I think what may have happened is that Confluence service was restarted in between times I looked at it. I assume that a restart is not normally necessary for plug-ins, but in this case, I believe it has solved my problem.

0 votes
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2013

Hi Eric,

Since this is a third part plug in i cant tell you for sure why this is happening.

I cant guarantee that one of the following will resolve your issue, but it worth a shot to try :):

• Contact the vendor directly reporting this behaviour at support@bobswiftsoftware.com.
  • Upgrade the third party plugin

Thanks and Regards,

David|Atlassian Support

0 votes
Sami Moran July 17, 2013

I'm having this exact same problem. :-(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events